Revell Mustang Street Machine-Starting Soon....

Here is the place to show off the progress of your automobile builds
mustang1989

Revell Mustang Street Machine-Starting Soon....

Post by mustang1989 »

Ok folks. I've got my next automotive build lined up after I get through with "The VW Bus Project". I've been wanting to do a 460 Big Block Ford powered Fox Body Mustang for a while now. Initially I wanted to do the 1990 Model LX but now that I've acquired an older Fox Bodied car that just looked too cool to pass up I think I'll go with this one. I've already got the wheels and tires to make all this happen so here's where we're at:

and I just ordered a Big Block Ford (actually a 572 but we'll go ahead and label it a 460) for it:

It's already got an automatic transmission behind it so that's a plus. I didn't like the carburetor that was on top of it so we'll go with an 800cfm double pumper carburetor for the fuel induction side of things: I'll be using the one on the left hand side here:

After this VW deal I'll be making it a point to stick to just detailing the engine compartment and getting a set of "GT 460" strips made for the lower rockers like the old GT 350's and 500's used to have. I think I will have had all the deep mods I want for a while after this bus. :headslap:
Last edited by mustang1989 on Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stikpusher

Re: Revell Mustang Street Machine

Post by Stikpusher »

:popcorn:

Vroom... vroom...
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

LOL! Getting decals made at Speedway. I'm going to have a little fun anyways. I'll have Mustang GT350 style white stripes down at the rockers that will say 460 instead of GT350 and the decal in the rear window in white that'll read:

mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

In the process of gathering the needed parts and all needed to pull a streetable version of this kit off. I got the 572 Big Block in the mail yesterday but will stick to the street version numbers of a 460 since it's the same engine block. Additionally I got the resin dual feed Holley carburetors in on Friday so here's that as well:

Mock ups with the wheels and tires that I'll be using for this build. I'll be sanding those big ass GOODYEAR letters off of the rear tires again for the street look and because these tires have the PERFECT profile. I'll be holding the wild horses back big time in anticipation to start this one folks.

Oh and I almost forgot. Here's the decal sheet as laid out on the screen. These are in the mail and on the way to me as of yesterday:

Stuart
Elite Member

Re: Revell Mustang Street Machine-Parts Gathering-11/06

Post by Stuart »

Coooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool!!!
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

Thanks Stuart. I'm still in the process of mapping this one all out. I've got an AMT Fox Body Mustang that I'll probably turn to for some suspension parts. The idea is to get the 460 in the engine bay low enough for the stock hood to close over it and still have the front end low. I'll probably need the 8.8" rear axle out of the AMT kit as well as it already looks better than the Revell part.
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

This one's next.....................finishing up with the Camaro project.
mustang1989

Re: Revell Mustang Street Machine-Starting Soon....

Post by mustang1989 »

Ok.....................so I was thinking about going a little wild in terms of painting the 460. Something along these lines.......

Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

That's one funky looking motor in that color!

What year is that body?
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

Yeah aint it cool??!! Too nasty of a color to pass up, yet it has an evil ring to it.

Revell come right out and say it but it eludes to a 1979 body which would be the Fox body's debut year. I saw this model as a kid and it always had a sinister look to me. After I opened the box I was shocked to see it had.....................a four cylinder??? :headslap:

Return to “Work In Progress: Automobiles”