Stikpusher's GAABSA Builds -2nd Completed

Stikpusher

Re: Stikpusher's GAABSA Builds -1st Completed

Post by Stikpusher »

That's a nice shot Bruce. Well today I got some benchtime in here on my Sabre. I airbrushed on a sealing coat of Future, airbrushed on a few other colors on parts that will be added later, and took out the maskings in the wheel wells. Now I have to do some touch up work on those where the masks contracted over the years, and I will be all ready to start weathering and final steps.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Well this weekend is already done for me. And it ended up having not quite as much bench time for me as envisioned or hoped for. Ah well, it's that time of year. In the meantime, I'll keep on nickel and diming my way to the finish line on this one.

Aside from some detail painting on items waiting to be glued on, I also began using the Pro Modeler wash on the control surface panel lines, and a few other recessed areas. As well as on the inner surfaces of the gear doors, struts, and wheels.

I'll need to go and do some touch up work on the rivets in the gear doors with an oil wash.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

That looks fantastic. I need to get me some more of that wash.

Hopefully someday you can join me at Hobby Day. You'll be pleasantly surprised at how much work you get done there. Not to mention the fun and laughs from everyone else building alongside you.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Mark I will certainly have to take you up on the Hobby Day invite. Lately at home there seem to be too many interruptions.

FLSM
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Well the progress maybe small stik - but it's very well done!
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

:P1:

Your work looks great, Carlos! Those panel lines look amazing, the detail is subtle yet present. As I often do, I check posts first on the phone, which means the photos are really what I see first. When I saw your first photo, I immediately thought something was different, much different in a more solidly clean way, but I could not for the life of me tell what was causing the difference. That's how potent the washes you used are in terms of effects. Now—question: I believe Pro Modeller is now called "Flory Models Weathering Wash," is that so?
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Thanks Bruce. It does not quite so good up close and personal. But it's good enough. And yes, I understand that Pro Modeler wash now goes by the name of Florys. Great stuff for many wash needs... but not all. Oils have their place as well.

FLSM
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

Nice work with that marker there Carlos. Touched it up nicely.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

mustang1989 wrote:Nice work with that marker there Carlos. Touched it up nicely.
Thanks! I was very happy with the results. Much more precise than a brush.

Well, I did not get as much bench time as I wanted to get in on my days off. Mostly working on the Promodeler wash some more on the lower surfaces and wheel wells.

So close to the finish line... :clockwatch:

FLSM
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Brilliant work Carlos! I know what you mean; I have several that are just that close and yet; in my case, I cannot get them over the finish line. I know you'll shoot this one over it soon.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.

Return to “Go Ahead You Styreniac, Build Something...Already”