A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...

speedgraflex

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...

Post by speedgraflex »

Welcome to the Rules for the STAR WARS GROUP BUILD 2018.

I am excited to announce this SPA Modeler Member Group Build for 2018 through the efforts of Torben (Mostrich), Thomas (Thomas) as the latest Member Group Build on Scale Plastic Aircraft Modeler Forum. Thanks to everyone on SPA Modeler frankly, however, special thanks to Stikpusher (Carlos) who was a sounding board for various Member Group Build topics from me before hitting on this particular one, thanks to Torben for his Bandai 1/48 AT-ST diorama build, which I am looking forward to see grow to completion by May 25, 2018.

When thinking about rules for the build, I actually prefer the term "requirements," it sounds less draconian, less Imperial to me, and as much as the designs of the Empire's spaceships make me excited, the only way I would pilot a T.I.E. Advanced would be if I stole it off an Imperial base somewhere. So.

REQUIREMENTS.

By joining the Group, you will build or be building if you already have something going, a spacecraft, diorama, figure or creature from the STAR WARS UNIVERSE, either currently existing, as a "what-if," as your own unique story existing within the SWU that you want to create.

DEADLINE.

Even as a Padawan, I am a master of deadline avoidance! However, the final SWGB Deadline is midnight on May 25, 2018.

If you have any questions, please ask me! I am very new at all of this and want everyone to be comfortable and feel at home here. I also would like to add a roll call of Group Build Members to this post once everyone starts to post, and I am excited about meeting everyone here, following progress and being in a galaxy far, far away....
Last edited by speedgraflex on Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:03 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Stikpusher

Re: A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...

Post by Stikpusher »

I'm in... subject choice : To Be Determined... :hmm:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

I'm in with one, possibly two, A-wing fighers
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Welcome aboard, Carlos! Keeping your options open sounds like a good plan, especially since you are finishing up multiple builds at the moment. Excited to see what you choose in the end, and I know the results will be inspiring.

Welcome aboard, Stuart! The A-Wing is one of the coolest ships from the original series, and I believe you will knock one or possibly two kits out with some seriously incredible building Force moves. Looking forward to your "smuggler's run" of renegade A-Wings, if indeed that will be your direction. I am very excited to see build logs of these spacecraft.
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Jeeves
Master Member

Post by Jeeves »

I'm in with something from Bandai...I have Darth Vader in progress now and Kylo Ren, an AT-ST, and a Snowspeeder in the stash so I have options ;)
Mike
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Welcome aboard, Mike! Look forward to your choice of Bandai kit or kits for the SWGB. In fact, this group build has the potential to showcase the qualities of the latest generation of Star Wars model kits from Bandai, which is something Torben and Thomas discussed in Torben's build thread. There is a growing renaissance upon us with all of these incredibly engineered kits to choose from, important subjects, and the potential for customization. I'm excited!
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
jkim
Elite Member

Post by jkim »

I love it when an idea morphs into reality. Kudos on setting this up so quickly Bruce. That LOGO is just so cool. I love the original trilogy, detest the prequels and have liked the newest films (TFA, Rogue), with the personal realization that these films will probably be just good entertainment as opposed to the perspective-changing life experiences that the original movies were. I have a kit that I would like to share. It has already been started but I lost my mojo due to my inexperience with the scale and subject and the start of the more familiar Dora build. Hopefully, this GB will be of mutual benefit to myself and SPAM members as I try to give this little guy a home...

John aka JKim
-----------<><
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

jkim wrote:Image
I knew the Luftwaffe had some advance tech towards the end of the war - but I didn't know it was THAT advanced!!! :yikes: :Bat:

speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Welcome aboard, John! I am excited to see your work as part of the SWGB. Like Stuart, I was amazed by the advances of the Luftwaffe at the end of the war; thank you for making my day with your amazing sense of humor, my friend. I am looking forward to see what your skills will bring to the Star Wars Universe. The Force is with you!
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

My wife and daughter are out for the evening, my son is asleep in bed...

Time for Rouge One! Wow! I'm about half way in and really enjoying it!

Return to “STAR WARS GROUP BUILD 2017”