OC IPMS 2017

If you participate and bring home awards, please tell us about it here!
Stikpusher

Re: OC IPMS 2017

Post by Stikpusher »

Thank you Lyle. It's all your fault with that GAABSA group build idea of yours :whistle:

Then, where is the prize money? :dancing:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
wjkunert
Advanced Member

Post by wjkunert »

Beautiful work Stik. When I was shipped to the Netherlands in 1960 my squadron CO was Col Frederick C.(Boots) Blesse. He was the first Korean War double ace flying a F 86 with 9 Mig 15 and one other Russian jet kills. He wrote a couple of books "No Guts, No Glory" and "Day Fighter Tactics" The last on was, and may still be, classified. He was an interesting individual. Retired as a Major General-he was West Point class of 45.
Last edited by wjkunert on Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice: but when the wicked beareth rule, the people mourn.
Jeeves
Master Member

Post by Jeeves »

Well.done Carlos!!!
Mike
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Bill and Mike, thank you. Bill, that is awesome that you had Boots Blesse as your C.O. in the Netherlands. My friends father flew F-86s in Korea with the 67th FS, 18th FBW and spoke highly of him. Apparently his wingman in Korea flew F-4s with Blesse in Vietnam and I heard some good tales of them, Korea, and Vietnam.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Congrats Stik!! Well deserved too! :shoutout: :shoutout:
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

A belated congratulations Carlos! Sorry I wasn't there to see this. It is a well-deserved award.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Doc and Mark, thanks for looking in and commenting. Mark, you missed a good evening, but weren't you at Comic Con that weekend?

Anyways I'll be at AMPS for this months meeting, but after that no clubs for me until IPMS in November due to days off rotation and vacation.

FLSM
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Yes I was. That was where I got my Death Dealer model. I had a blast. I wish you could be t the next IPMS meeting; I'll be donating another Death Dealer model from Comicon for the Orangecon raffle as a Grand Prize.

I hope to see you at the AMPS meeting; I might not make it due to numerous things I have to do that Saturday for the upcoming IPMS/HMGS joint contest/convention in September/October.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Oh come on now... It's at Brookhurst... and Henry is gonna burn food for us again... :giggles: ya gotta make it... But I completely understand with the co ordination for the two upcoming events.

FLSM
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Stikpusher wrote:Oh come on now... It's at Brookhurst... and Henry is gonna burn food for us again... :giggles: ya gotta make it... But I completely understand with the co ordination for the two upcoming events.

You better believe I'm gonna try! I want to be there so bad. I might even be able to buy something this time!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

Return to “Member Recognition”