56 Ford F-100 "Demon II"-Completed-04/15

Here is the place to show off the progress of your automobile builds
mustang1989

Re: 56 Ford F-100 "Demon II"-Recovery X 2--03/27

Post by mustang1989 »

Thanks for the kudos Bruce.

Well there's a big set of thunderstorms moving into the area starting at around 10 p.m. and ending at 3 a.m. so I needed to act pretty quick tonight so I could apply my gloss coat after reapplying the flames this morning. I prepped everything this morning and made sure to clean my paint jar out today at work. So I told my sweet wife and son to give me 30 minutes tonight to accomplish all this. I had one minor hiccup with the Alclad in the paint but think I can overcome it.

N E wayz ..............I couldn't be happier with the outcome and the flames came out EXACTLY how I wanted them to this time. Bold up front and fading at the end of the flames.

Taaa Daaaa........

Stikpusher

Re: 56 Ford F-100 "Demon II"-Gloss!! 03/28

Post by Stikpusher »

Very nice!!!
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

Thanks Carlos. I'll be gone from Friday till late Sunday so that should be enough time for the cab and the hood to "gas out". Polishing will start on Monday morning. I also received my Molotow Chrome refill in the mail yesterday. Will be shooting the rear wheels then as well.
Handiabled
Master Member

Post by Handiabled »

Well done my friend! I suppose you have a bit more "humidity" in the air down there than I ,,,, kinda tricky with finishes curing the way one hopes sometimes
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Way to go Joe! That does look fantastic! Wow, what a great finish!

Have fun on your trip and have a Happy Easter too!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

Thanks Brent and Mark. Everything is going to be curing out over the weekend. I'll be posting while I'm gone from the house but I'll sure miss the building part.
KSaarni
Elite Member

Post by KSaarni »

Great stuff Joe!

Have a great weekend too !

- Kari
---
On the bench:
Tamiya F-4B Phantom II 1/48
Kinetic F-16A (new tool) 1/48

https://www.facebook.com/GrundAsk-Scale ... 721218708/
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

Thanks Kari. It's going to be a busy one that's for sure.............and it's gonna be a lot of fun.

Ok folks. I shot the rear wheels with a coat of Molotow and I've gotta say that I'm impressed. I'll be letting this dry over the weekend as well so when I come back I'll shoot the clear coat of Spaz Stix on to seal them off.

The decal on the bed flooring turned out pretty dang good too and laid down nicely over the molded in detail.

speedgraflex

Re: 56 Ford F-100 "Demon II"-More.......03/30

Post by speedgraflex »

Nice... just catchin up here! Redo is killer, Joe. Have a great vacation!
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Re: 56 Ford F-100 "Demon II"-More.......03/30

Post by Duke Maddog »

That is some impressive chrome work Joe! Way to go! And you're right, that decal does look extremely realistic in there.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.

Return to “Work In Progress: Automobiles”