Tamiya T-55

Here is the place to show off the progress of your armor builds
Stikpusher

Tamiya T-55

Post by Stikpusher »

Well, this is my latest project that I'm jumping into with both feet. As part of a T-54/T-55 family Group Build, I am building Tamiya's T-55A.

This will be a mostly OOB build. But I am going to backdate the kit a little to make an early T-55 as seen here during Operation Danube, the Warsaw Pact invasion of Czechoslovakia to crush the "Prague Spring" in August 1968. (yes I know these are T-54s, but for color reference, these photos are outstanding)

Stay tuned...
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Stikpusher

Re: Tamiya T-55

Post by Stikpusher »

So far progress is pretty rapid and simple. Typical Tamiya ease of assembly, with just clean up of mold seam lines and sprue attachment points...

Oh yes, I will be replacing the kit tracks as I usually have bad luck with the Tamiya gluable single piece tracks in the past.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
tigrazor
Addicted Member

Post by tigrazor »

Dobri den,

1968 was far before my birthday, but I love Eastern tanks. Born in the former GDR, I have a special relationship to Czech history. Btw, dont you dare to say "Na sdarowje" in CZ - these are the ones responsible for it indirectly. ;)

And now... "Pivo, prosim!"

:giggles:
"Did you really pay a big amount of money for only half a figure?!"

FB: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002809527929
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Those words sound very similar to Serbo Croatian.. Dobar Dan was "good day" and pivo is that cool refreshing brewed beverage... beer!!! :popcorn: I remember bits of that language from my time there. But know nothing of the Czech language...

I'm with you on my fascination for Warsaw Pact armor, although mine started as professional, being a former Cold Warrior. I hope you follow along this project!

FLSM
tigrazor
Addicted Member

Post by tigrazor »

Sure!

My Czech isnt that good either, I just remeber Good day/night" ice cream (smirzlina), "Caution train ("Pozor vlak!") and when we went to a very ggod German pub in my former hometown, specialized on Czech beer and food, we were greeted with "Ahoj!". Which is used for a not so formal "hello!". Im still asking why they use it, because I never heard of a Czech Navy.

:D

Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Ahoj?! lol! Imported from the AustroHungarian Navy maybe? Interesting... Well the Bosnians used "Ciao"... and that was clear across the Adriatic... languages can be a funny thing...
Don't Pilsners originate from the Czechs?

FLSM
Jeeves
Master Member

Post by Jeeves »

Stikpusher wrote:Those words sound very similar to Serbo Croatian.. Dobar Dan was "good day" and pivo is that cool refreshing brewed beverage... beer!!! :popcorn: I remember bits of that language from my time there. But know nothing of the Czech language...

I'm with you on my fascination for Warsaw Pact armor, although mine started as professional, being a former Cold Warrior. I hope you follow along this project!
One of my.favorite words from my two weeks in Bosnia was cevapi ;)
Mike
tigrazor
Addicted Member

Post by tigrazor »

Exactly. First brew in the city of Pilsen. The Budweiser story is another thing. Please dont take it personal, but American Bud is... well... not what my German gusto is used to.

The brother who stayed in his home country refused (still refuses?!) the original recipe, and thats why the Czech Bud is the only one! :D

Na sdravi. (important! ;) )

Google sez: Mám nejlepší bezpečí ze všech. >> "I am driving a tank." :giggles:

Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Yes, I have heard about the difference between American Budweiser and Czech Budweiser. The US stuff is not amongst my favorites, so no hard feelings on my part. Lol! I'll take most any beer before a Bud... most...

Is Czech na sdravi anything like Polish nas drovya? Or however it is spelled... Probably the only Polish that I know... :bag:

FLSM
tigrazor
Addicted Member

Post by tigrazor »

History can be challenging. I used to snap some Polish here and there, because my Ex-girls mom came from there. As far as I know the Polish people can identify more to GUS/Soviet stuff than the Czech, and thats still the case today.

The word "Bistro" is something Polish for example - the (Russian) soldiers wanted to have some food. Quickly! Przto, przto or something its called in Russian (my Russian is totally worse). The french took it over after the Liberation War against Napoleon and called their reataurants "Bistro" later, if I got it right. Good day means "Sen dobre!", the Czech would say "Dobry den!"

Return to “Work In Progress: Armor”