Welcome! (GB Chat)

Stuart
Elite Member

Welcome! (GB Chat)

Post by Stuart »

Hi all and a warm welcome to the first (and probably only) SPAM Helicopter GB!!! (Woohoo)

This GB is for all types of whirly-craft – Helicopters, Autogyros and anything else you can think of with a :quotes: spinning wingy thingy :quotes:

No problems with scale or anything like that, and as this is SPAM – start when you’re ready and finish when you can (within reason – I’m not going to still running this in 2020 :clockwatch: ).

No other rules as such - I'll keep a roster in this thread, so just chime in with your interest (or PM me) and I'll add you to it. I might also start a finished builds thread as well, as I'm sure we'll have masses. :rofl:

So start yourself a thread, get something down from the stash (or ebay), grab some popcorn and start those engines…

:popcorn:

Cheers

Stuart
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Stuart
Elite Member

Re: Welcome! (GB Chat)

Post by Stuart »

GB ROSTER

Portman - Revell 1/72 Eurocopter Tiger & Tamiya 1/72 hughes MD500 Defender
Scruffy - Kitty Hawk UH-1 or the Italeri H-21, both in 1/48.
Stikpusher - Tamiya 1/48 OH-6 (very cool!)
BorgR3mc0 - 1/72 Hasegawa Hind A (Maybe)
Duke Maddog - TBA
Jeeves - Italeri 1/48 AH-64D Longbow Apache
speedgraflex - Kitty Hawk 1/48 UH-1D
Last edited by Stuart on Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

:clockwatch: :bored: :ballbat:

Scruffy
Advanced Member

Post by Scruffy »

I'll do either the Kitty Hawk UH-1 or the Italeri H-21, both in 1/48. Not sure which one yet or when I will start, have a couple of things to clear first.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Put me down for a Tamiya 1/48 OH-6A...

"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Scruffy wrote:I'll do either the Kitty Hawk UH-1 or the Italeri H-21, both in 1/48. Not sure which one yet or when I will start, have a couple of things to clear first.
Welcome aboard Scruffy - no rush (we've all got stuff on), just start when you feel like it.
Stikpusher wrote:Put me down for a Tamiya 1/48 OH-6A...

Welcome aboard Stik!

Now that is COOL! I can't wait to see that build. I'd love one of those Tamiya kits but I'd have to sell my grandmother as they go for a fortune!

Cheers!

ST

Scruffy
Advanced Member

Post by Scruffy »

Got this this book the other day (yeah, I'm old and old Skool, I still like reference books).

Most excellent reference on the H-21, only down side is the only color photos are on the cover :sad:
But other than that great info.....only problem is I found two more paint scheme choices....Since at this point I will probably only build one of these I have to decide between Air Force NMF and dayglow scheme (original choice), or an Army one from Ft. Devins in neighboring Massachusetts, or Army artic scheme in overall white and insignia red. options 1 and 3 are tied at the moment :headslap:
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Stuart I picked that Loach kit up years ago for cheap on eBay... it had no decals, but I did get a multi type Vietnam set that includes an OH-6 for the 101st. I'm surprised that I have not seen it reissued by Tamiya.

Im with you on reference books Scruffy. Good ones cannot be beat.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Scruffy wrote:Got this this book the other day (yeah, I'm old and old Skool, I still like reference books).

Most excellent reference on the H-21, only down side is the only color photos are on the cover :sad:
But other than that great info.....only problem is I found two more paint scheme choices....Since at this point I will probably only build one of these I have to decide between Air Force NMF and dayglow scheme (original choice), or an Army one from Ft. Devins in neighboring Massachusetts, or Army artic scheme in overall white and insignia red. options 1 and 3 are tied at the moment :headslap:
That is such a cool looking whirlybird - and I agree, you can't beat a good reference.

I've vote for the Artic one but that's just me - I love the snow!

Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Stikpusher wrote:Stuart I picked that Loach kit up years ago for cheap on eBay... it had no decals, but I did get a multi type Vietnam set that includes an OH-6 for the 101st. I'm surprised that I have not seen it reissued by Tamiya.

Im with you on reference books Scruffy. Good ones cannot be beat.
I agree Stik - I don't understand it either.

Return to “Whirlychopters”