Welcome! (GB Chat)

Stikpusher

Re: Welcome! (GB Chat)

Post by Stikpusher »

That does look sweet indeed! Now you just need some GSG-9 guys...
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

That is sweet! I wish they did one in 1/72 scale!

Still looking for one here....
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

How many 1/72 choppers do you have in your stash Mark?
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Thomas_M
Admin

Post by Thomas_M »

portman wrote:...
Welcome aboard Thomas!!!! That's such a cool looking Helo - looking forward to seeing your build!
Me, too, buddy, me too! :whistle:
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Stikpusher wrote:How many 1/72 choppers do you have in your stash Mark?

I'm not sure how many I have in the boxes I packed, but there are four that are visible right now. I just have to decide which one(s) I want to do. I could have as many as twelve if I recall.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Okay, I found one. It's the Special Hobby 1/72 scale AH-1G in Marine Corps markings. Pics and a Build Thread forthcoming.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Duke Maddog wrote:Okay, I found one. It's the Special Hobby 1/72 scale AH-1G in Marine Corps markings. Pics and a Build Thread forthcoming.
Can't wait Mark!
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Just checking in all - it's been a bit of a month.

So I appriciate there's not been a lot of building going on as yet - but then I do know we are all busy doing other things at the moment.

Lookign forward to seeing them start up over the coming months.

Cheers!

speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

I am glad you did a status check of the group build, Stuart. I was making up my mind if the possibility or potential of two Kitty Hawk builds was going to be too much, so I started peeking around at other 1/48 Huey options, which would be Italeri, Revell or HobbyBoss. Of these the HobbyBoss may be the most interesting to me personally because one of my resolutions is to make one build each year straight outta da box. I briefly but deeply considered the 1/32 Revell dinosaur Huey Gunship because it would look great hanging from the ceiling, hmmm. I still have a Kitty Hawk left in the collection, and I befriended the pattern maker at Kitty Hawk recently so I do plan to build this kit at some point. So. The upshot: definitely a 1/48 Huey, leaning towards OOB HobbyBoss at this point.
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

speedgraflex wrote:I am glad you did a status check of the group build, Stuart. I was making up my mind if the possibility or potential of two Kitty Hawk builds was going to be too much, so I started peeking around at other 1/48 Huey options, which would be Italeri, Revell or HobbyBoss. Of these the HobbyBoss may be the most interesting to me personally because one of my resolutions is to make one build each year straight outta da box. I briefly but deeply considered the 1/32 Revell dinosaur Huey Gunship because it would look great hanging from the ceiling, hmmm. I still have a Kitty Hawk left in the collection, and I befriended the pattern maker at Kitty Hawk recently so I do plan to build this kit at some point. So. The upshot: definitely a 1/48 Huey, leaning towards OOB HobbyBoss at this point.
That'll be good to see Bruce - The Huey is such an iconic aircraft.

Lol! When you say 'befriended'.... please tell me you're not currently sitting in a bush outside his house with a 500mm lens are you?

Return to “Whirlychopters”