Welcome! (GB Chat)

midnightprowler
Addicted Member

Re: Welcome! (GB Chat)

Post by midnightprowler »

Stikpusher wrote:Yes I’ve read similar things about the 1/48 Modelcraft F-82 Twin Mustangs. But if you want to add that historically significant aircraft to your 1/48 aircraft collection, it’s the only game in town. I have yet to read one build review of that kit saying anything praising that kit.
I have that kit, I recieved it from a fellow on another forum, it has been started. If anyone is interested, I may be willing to make a trade for it.
1 Corinthians 15:51-54
1 Thessalonians 4:13-18
Ask me about Speedway Decals.
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

midnightprowler wrote:
Stikpusher wrote:Yes I’ve read similar things about the 1/48 Modelcraft F-82 Twin Mustangs. But if you want to add that historically significant aircraft to your 1/48 aircraft collection, it’s the only game in town. I have yet to read one build review of that kit saying anything praising that kit.
I have that kit, I recieved it from a fellow on another forum, it has been started. If anyone is interested, I may be willing to make a trade for it.
You should talk with Fermis!
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

I will probably regret this, or at least have another one to add to the Shelf of Someday....But, count me in with

Let's see....

Old kit - Check
Many (most) parts off the sprue tree - Check
Decals yellowed and toast - Check

Looks like I'm gonna have some fun now!
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

LyleW wrote:I will probably regret this, or at least have another one to add to the Shelf of Someday....But, count me in with

Looks like I'm gonna have some fun now!

Coo-ool-io.
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Neat picture. Thanks.
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Looking good Lyle! That does look like fun.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
midnightprowler
Addicted Member

Post by midnightprowler »

Is that the same kit as Revells? I'm working on Revells. Got custom decals for it done by Speedway decals.
1 Corinthians 15:51-54
1 Thessalonians 4:13-18
Ask me about Speedway Decals.
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Duke Maddog wrote:Looking good Lyle! That does look like fun.
Lots of little bitty plastic thingys. I think they are supposed to be used somehow.
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

midnightprowler wrote:Is that the same kit as Revells? I'm working on Revells. Got custom decals for it done by Speedway decals.
Can't find it now, but seems like I saw that Revell did a rebox of this one. It is from the early 60s, maybe 1962? Looks like a decent kit at a glance. Even the rotor blades are straight.
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

According to Scalemates...Testors reboxed it in 1973 and Italaeri in 1979

Return to “Whirlychopters”