Stuart
Elite Member

Stuart's Whirlybird builds

Post by Stuart »

Hi All,

For this GB I'll start with the two kits I actually have in the stash:

Revell 1/72 Eurocopter Tiger (UHT)

Tamiya 1/72 Hughes MD500 Defender

i started this kit a good few years ago. I'm going to build it as an IAFMD500 Defender or 'Lahatut' (trick)...

I have a PE set that I'm using, and I had intended scratchbuild some of the missing detail - we'll see how it goes. For some reason, even thought I've hardly touched this build over the years, when I do work on it I'm compelled to take it slowly and do as neat work as I can. I'll be looking forward to taking it up again.

The other kit I fancy doing, assuming I can pick one up at a good price - is this...

I've always liked the Bell 206 series of aircraft and I have fond memeories of building this kit (badly) as a kid. It was the only Helo kit I built as a child - the other was this Airfix kit...

Perhaps I should get both, and do a nostalgia build - I know I never finished the AH-64 as the cat did it's business in the kit box (I was building it on the floor of my bedroom and had left it for a few hours) - bloody cat :scream: :stinky: :rofl:

Anyway, that's enough waffle from me.

Cheers all!

ST
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Stuart
Elite Member

Re: Stuart's Whirlybird builds

Post by Stuart »

Sorry Gents, I've been a bit quiet recently as there's been a lot going on at home - As well as my Daughter's 14th birthday last week we also had to have our elderly cat put to sleep - So all in all it's been a bit of a mixed bag.

Anyway, in order to honour one Super cat, I thought I'd build another...

This is Heller's old 1/72 Super Puma/Cougar. It looks like it was a snap kit at one point but should build into a nice model...

Cheers!

Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Family life is full of ups and downs. Happy Birthday to your daughter! I'm sorry to hear about your cat having to be put down. The longer we have such pets, the deeper our affection for them becomes.

The Puma should be a nice project. It's a good looking chopper. Are you going to finish it in the box top tri color camo?
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Stuart, I'm sorry to hear about your cat. I'm glad for your daughter though; give her some Happy Birthday greetings from me as well. This will be a great little model to watch come together. Way to go.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Hi Gents,

Thanks for the kind comments, It was hard time. I'm sorry it's taken me so long to reply. My Goodness what a month. So we:

Lost the cat, :sad:
Got a dog :dogwag:
Had to give the dog up as it attacked my son :ballbat:
Got two kittens :wub: :kitty: :kitty:

I'm knackard! :whiteflag: Sufficed to say I've hardly sat at the bench since before my daughter's birthday last month.
Stikpusher wrote:The Puma should be a nice project. It's a good looking chopper. Are you going to finish it in the box top tri color camo?
Yes indeed - I'l be doing the French tri-colour camo. I actually think it'll be a nice kit to build, but I've hardly seen it since I posted those pictures.

Cheers!
Last edited by Stuart on Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Sending you good vibes from California, Stuart. Sometimes life hits us hard. My first quarter of 2017 was a daily dodge. Each day I carefully opened the door expecting pairs of raptors to jump out at me from the bushes!
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

speedgraflex wrote:Sending you good vibes from California, Stuart. Sometimes life hits us hard. My first quarter of 2017 was a daily dodge. Each day I carefully opened the door expecting pairs of raptors to jump out at me from the bushes!
Thanks Bruce - lol, I often feel like that!

speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

speedgraflex wrote:Image
Yep - there was definitely one of those in my hedge this morning...

Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

I only have coyotes to worry about here... after dark... :hmm:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM

Return to “Whirlychopters”