4th Feb 2018 - Modelbouwbeurs Eeklo, Belgium

list upcoming events, post pictures of events that have taken place.
KSaarni
Elite Member

4th Feb 2018 - Modelbouwbeurs Eeklo, Belgium

Post by KSaarni »

Hello all,

I visited today, a yearly miniature model convention in a small town called Eeklo, here in East Flanders, Belgium

Even it is a very small convention, it still have this "familiar" factor, in other words not really at all commercial but more a "come together" happening. There was also a small café (café in Belgium means more or a less pub/bar) with strong Belgian beers, such as Abbey beers, doubles, triples, Duvel etc etc. As I came with car and also wanted to leave with car, I could only enjoy a cup coffee, which I also did.. :-)

The exhibition covered only two rooms: a big and a small one. The small one was hosted by a Hobby store (Sturmtiger) selling new kits, accessories, tools and paints with good prices. I had decided already prior, that the only thing I will buy, is some Mr Paint bottles I had ordered earlier from the shop (Signal Red, Super Clear and RLM 02).
And I am proud of myself, that I could keep control of myself and not let the beautiful boxes and the special prices seduce me..
"Take me home, take us all home" etc! :-D

Of course I was carried out, so I more or a less forgot to take more pictures than practically the ones below... :bag:
Well, something still...

View of the main-room. A number of local modellers clubs had their own stands, showing their work and their "work in progress"...

I could hardly believe my eyes, when I suddenly saw a Stormtrooper walking around.. And not only that, but I could hear R2D2 somewhere behind the crowd of people. It turned out they belonged to the local "501st Legion" group.
Quoting Wikipedia: The 501st Legion is a worldwide Star Wars costuming organization comprised of and operated by Star Wars fans. While it is not sponsored by Lucasfilm Ltd., it is Lucasfilm's preferred Imperial costuming group.
There were also two Imperial officers keeping an eye on the visitors... Was actually pretty cool !

So, this years Convention season has started!
Looking forward to the next one!

- Kari
---
On the bench:
Tamiya F-4B Phantom II 1/48
Kinetic F-16A (new tool) 1/48

https://www.facebook.com/GrundAsk-Scale ... 721218708/
Stuart
Elite Member

Re: 4th Feb 2018 - Modelbouwbeurs Eeklo, Belgium

Post by Stuart »

Glad to hear you had a good time Kari.

From the pictures you did take, it would seem there were some very nice models to see.

I love the costumes - thats devotion.

Cheers

Stuart
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Cool! Sounds like you had a nice time.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
KSaarni
Elite Member

Post by KSaarni »

BlackSheep214 wrote:Cool! Sounds like you had a nice time.
Yeah, I had, it was a good visit !

- Kari
---
On the bench:

Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Yes, that looks like a wonderful time at the event. Lots of great builds there, and so many tempting things to buy.... you’re a strong man to pass on all that temptation. :hmm:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
KSaarni
Elite Member

Post by KSaarni »

Stikpusher wrote:Yes, that looks like a wonderful time at the event. Lots of great builds there, and so many tempting things to buy.... you’re a strong man to pass on all that temptation. :hmm:
It was not easy, but I made a decision some time ago that I will keep a realistic stash size... in other words only having kits that I strongly believe :hmm: I will one day build... But it wasn't easy, nope! :-D

- Kari
---
On the bench:

speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

KSaarni wrote:
Stikpusher wrote:Yes, that looks like a wonderful time at the event. Lots of great builds there, and so many tempting things to buy.... you’re a strong man to pass on all that temptation. :hmm:
It was not easy, but I made a decision some time ago that I will keep a realistic stash size... in other words only having kits that I strongly believe :hmm: I will one day build... But it wasn't easy, nope! :-D

- Kari
Both of your comments are very important to me since I respect you for your dedication! I will think about my strongest reason, which is usually financial, each time I feel the desire to add a kit!!
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
KSaarni
Elite Member

Post by KSaarni »

speedgraflex wrote: Both of your comments are very important to me since I respect you for your dedication! I will think about my strongest reason, which is usually financial, each time I feel the desire to add a kit!!
Yup. financial aspect has also a major role in decision making..

- Kari
---
On the bench:

Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

KSaarni wrote:

- Kari
That’s one of us... :headslap:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Those are some awesome pics of that show. Nice! I also commend you on your strong willpower. I too tend to only buy when I know I'll be building something, especially since my personal income from my business is only $1250.00USD per year on a good year.

Nice pics of the 501st Legion. My nephew is part of that group also in their Florida chapter. The whole 501st Legion was started by and more-or-less run by Mr. Tim Knapp. He is a very good friend of mine and a member of my St. Crispin's Irregulars group. He is a great person.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.

Return to “Shows and contests”