4th Feb 2018 - Modelbouwbeurs Eeklo, Belgium

list upcoming events, post pictures of events that have taken place.
KSaarni
Elite Member

Re: 4th Feb 2018 - Modelbouwbeurs Eeklo, Belgium

Post by KSaarni »

Duke Maddog wrote:Those are some awesome pics of that show. Nice! I also commend you on your strong willpower. I too tend to only buy when I know I'll be building something, especially since my personal income from my business is only $1250.00USD per year on a good year.

Nice pics of the 501st Legion. My nephew is part of that group also in their Florida chapter. The whole 501st Legion was started by and more-or-less run by Mr. Tim Knapp. He is a very good friend of mine and a member of my St. Crispin's Irregulars group. He is a great person.
Thanks Duke

& incredible story regarding 501st Legion and Mr Timothy Knapp and that you know him personally!

World is sort of small !

-Kari
---
On the bench:
Tamiya F-4B Phantom II 1/48
Kinetic F-16A (new tool) 1/48

https://www.facebook.com/GrundAsk-Scale ... 721218708/
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Thanks Kari! Yeah, I had just seen him two days ago too. Small world indeed.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Looks like it was a cool show! :shoutout:

From what I've read and seen online and in magazines, European model shows are so much cooler than they are here in the states. It's awesome that they're working on kits while at the show.
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
KSaarni
Elite Member

Post by KSaarni »

Medicman71 wrote:Looks like it was a cool show! :shoutout:

From what I've read and seen online and in magazines, European model shows are so much cooler than they are here in the states. It's awesome that they're working on kits while at the show.
Yup, it's quite nice to watch the guys building. You also see different technics used.. Those guys are all in different stages of their build. I was watching one gentleman masking a canopy of a 1/72 fighter.. What a patience he had, slowly, carefully placed small small pieces of pre-cutted Tamiya tape in right places. He really took his time.. and even if so many people around, his hands were not shaking an inch!

- Kari
---
On the bench:
Tamiya F-4B Phantom II 1/48
Kinetic F-16A (new tool) 1/48

https://www.facebook.com/GrundAsk-Scale ... 721218708/
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

KSaarni wrote:
Yup, it's quite nice to watch the guys building. You also see different technics used.. Those guys are all in different stages of their build. I was watching one gentleman masking a canopy of a 1/72 fighter.. What a patience he had, slowly, carefully placed small small pieces of pre-cutted Tamiya tape in right places. He really took his time.. and even if so many people around, his hands were not shaking an inch!

- Kari

He must not have had his morning coffee :giggles:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Medicman71 wrote:Looks like it was a cool show! :shoutout:

I've built models while selling some models at a Brewer Brother's Model Kit show. It helps pass the time while people walk by and look over your merchandise.

This year again, our Orangecon will be pairing up with the Historical Miniatures Gaming Society to do a joint convention so anyone attending that will be able to see models in the contest and models on the wargame tables being "played with". Gonna be a blast!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

I also really want that big tank model, but your photography was certainly behind this... I did like the frames of model building. I agree with Joe that it is exciting to see modeling happen as a group and I need to visit Duke... pronto. I see all ages present as well. Are modelers generally thick or thin skinned overseas? I just feel the temperature may be different—a stricter environment of criticism—but I could have that wrong. I feel SPA Modeler is a safe haven, and must be protected.
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Well Bruce, you are welcome to join us anytime at AMPS and/or IPMS.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Stikpusher wrote:Well Bruce, you are welcome to join us anytime at AMPS and/or IPMS.
Thanks so much!

:shoutout: :popcorn:
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Our local IPMS Chapter (which I belong to) has their show in April and it sucks compared to a lot of others I've seen. For a city as big as Houston, you'd think it would be awesome. The show in San Antonio (3 hrs west of here) is awesome. GO figure.
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault

Return to “Shows and contests”