Man Room Meanderings

Show us where you work and what kits you have.
-Latest Acquisitions
Jeeves
Master Member

Re: Man Room Meanderings

Post by Jeeves »

Yeah I really want them to release Batgirl too...my first crush ;)
Mike
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Fantastic work Mike. This is quite a camo pattern and the interior looks so realistic.

Bruce, that looks like fun.

Mike, I got to meet the original actress for Batgirl at San Diego's Comicon a couple years back. What a sweetheart she was, and she still looks magnificent for her age.

My man room goals are to simply get it cleaned!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Jeeves
Master Member

Post by Jeeves »

Sadly she died last year :(
Mike
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Oh man, I didn't know. Thanks for filling me in.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Jeeves
Master Member

Post by Jeeves »

Got three projects going on- first up the Defiant for an RAF build...
Then added a filter of rain marks and the like to the Renault...
And I started a vignette with a bit of a twist. Was looking through the stash and noticed the bearded fellows in the Tamiya LRDG Command Car look strikingly similar to the Tier One Operative in the Meng Technical kit. So I decided to make a split vignette...a wall in the center and on one side, the LRDG car and crew all done in B&W...including the wall and terrain. The other side will be the Technical and operative with everything that side in color. Started on the Command Car:
I think the most challenging part is going to be the figures...vehicle is pretty monotone overall...and dust can be replicated with a thin layer of gray...but making these guys look realistic will be a trial I think...
Mike
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

That LRDG/Technical split scene should be interesting... you could even go with a sepia tone for the B&W side to add just a dash of color or change the tone a bit...
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Jeeves
Master Member

Post by Jeeves »

Already have the paints I need for the b&w, but I'd like to try sepia another time to be sure!

Not much modeling this weekend as I spent it instead buying, cutting, and staining lumber for these shelves-

Now I can finally get the shop cleared out and have more space to spread out!
Mike
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Wow, what sensational shelves! That color looks great. Man, I envy you all that room for more models. I wonder how that feels to have all that space!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Nice shelves!!
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM

Return to “Your Work Bench and Stash”