The SPAM Israeli Defence/Air Force Mini GB

Member created Group Builds
Modelcrazy
Addicted Member

Re: The SPAM Israeli Defence/Air Force Mini GB

Post by Modelcrazy »

Mark,
Are you making the Bat squadron or Negev squadron? I'll do whichever one you don't. I just ordered the Vallejo Israeli Air Force paint set which has all those interesting blues and yellows, should be here late next week.
Building a kit from your stash is like cutting the head off a Hydra, two more take it’s place.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... obby+bench
Modelcrazy
Addicted Member

Post by Modelcrazy »

Cool site Stick.
I also ordered the 1/72 IDF missile set. That might take a little while longer.
Building a kit from your stash is like cutting the head off a Hydra, two more take it’s place.

pzl66
Master Member

Post by pzl66 »

Well I happen to be working on a project that is IDF inspired but is not a plastic model... Will be watching this mini GB though!
Messerschmitt 109 Addict
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Thanks Carlos. That is a great site. I need to definitely return to that to see what else I can add to my Israeli Defense Force.

MC, I'm not sure my Sufa would be accepted here. I have the assembly about 95% done; all she needs is paint. I'm waiting on some masking agent to get started on painting it.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Modelcrazy
Addicted Member

Post by Modelcrazy »

Mark, I haven't stated yet but did receive the paint set today. I should be able to start on it tomorrow. It may take a while to get the weapons set.

tempestjohnny
Elite Member

Post by tempestjohnny »

Duke Maddog wrote:
Modelcrazy wrote:Hi Stuart,
I'm in with a 1/72 Hase Sufa.
I'll start on it as soon as I can get the paints together.
Cool! I have mine almost fully built. I just need to finish masking the canopy and then I can shoot paint.

Looking forward to seeing what you do with yours. I don't know what I could enter for this.... :hmm: :hmm: :hmm:
Umm Mark you've been doing the Sufa for this GB for the last year
tempestjohnny
Elite Member

Post by tempestjohnny »

Hey Stuart what's the timeframe for this? I have a Kfir but have a few other projects going first
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

tempestjohnny wrote:
Duke Maddog wrote:
Cool! I have mine almost fully built. I just need to finish masking the canopy and then I can shoot paint.

Looking forward to seeing what you do with yours. I don't know what I could enter for this.... :hmm: :hmm: :hmm:
Umm Mark you've been doing the Sufa for this GB for the last year
OMG!!! I totally forgot! :bag: Man, what an idiot I am! :chair:

Okay, that settles that. Did I also start the Nagmachion for this too? :hmm: I've been doing that as well. Man, I need a secretary to keep track of these things. :writing:
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

tempestjohnny wrote:Hey Stuart what's the timeframe for this? I have a Kfir but have a few other projects going first
Man I'd forgotten all about this - Mainly because both my builds ended up in the bin!

Um... No time frames as such - Go for it!
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Okay, here's my latest update for this Group Build...

Here it is. I finally got the canopy, exhaust and wheel wells masked off:

Later, when I was painting everything, I shot an upper base color on this. It is Testor's Israeli Armor Sand:

That base coat showed me where a lot of gaps and seams were so I filled them in:

Okay, that's it so far. I also updated my Manufacturing Thread so feel free to check it out too.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

Return to “Member Group Builds”