Falcon 9 Launch

Stikpusher

Re: Falcon 9 Launch

Post by Stikpusher »

Thanks Bruce. I just need to figure out how to do better night photos with this camera. I have so much to learn about this stuff...
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Are you shooting with Canon DSLR... there were two lenses I really liked for that which are both native lenses, one 40mm STM and the other the 50mm STM. Both are really good! If you have full frame or crop, both should serve you well. An adaptor would definitely be useful to try Contax Zeiss T lenses—the Biogon 28/2.8 is super with a Canon sensor!

What are you using?????

:hmm:
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Bruce, our DSLR is a Canon Rebel T-6. It came with two lens: a stabilized EFS 18-55mm, and a 75-300mm. And then I recently purchased a set of filters for both lighting and macro uses. So far my biggest challenges are in macro work and night time. But seeing how I hardly do any night photos, the macro area is my main area that I want to address.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

My first DSLR was a Rebel... and honestly, I miss it at times! I was thinking you were using Canon crop frame when I saw your first NASA posts. Do check out those primes; they are quite cost effective. I remember renting a Canon Macro for several shoots. Look forward to more of your work, bud. Thanks again.
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Just like with airbrushes and pistols, I want to master what I have. Then I can worry about buying other things. I’m looking forward to the air show here in a few weeks for more practice. I’m gonna try out the polarizing filter on the telephoto lens. And make sure that I have the battery fully charged this year... lol!

FLSM
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

I support you, Carlos! If you ever want my thoughts or opinions or just want to chew the fat, I have used the older Rebel. I always use a good clear filter set to protect the lens; I use B + W or Heliopan filters because light reflection is .3%. For me, a great glass filter is the best way to protect your lens and I never take the filters off to clean the lenses—I clean the filters instead... the B + W is about a 26 bucks. I would then screw the other filters on top of that. I am adding this information because this does not change what you have with your two zoom system, but it does protect the exterior lens elements!
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

That makes sense Bruce. I was playing with the Macro filters a couple days ago and forgot that I had left the 4x filter in place... :headslap: it gives nice close up detail, but the depth of field is so minimal on the macro setting if the auto focus chooses the wrong area to focus upon.
I haven’t gotten up the gumption to try all manual settings yet.

I’ll defintely be hitting you up for advice on all this stuff.

FLSM
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

It's all good! just keep on truckin' and figurin' out your approach. I look forward to seeing more!
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

I still have an old Canon 350D (the 2nd rebel I think) in my camera bag - a great little camera. I only upgraded it this year to a Canon EOS 40D - woohoo 10.0MP lol!!!! :lashed:

Great pictures Stik - I'd love to see a launch. Could you actually hear anything?

Rockets, BBQ - Man I need to move to California!
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
BorgR3mc0
Elite Member

Post by BorgR3mc0 »

Wow! That is an awe inspiring sight!
ImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Work In Progress”