Falcon 9 Launch

Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Re: Falcon 9 Launch

Post by Duke Maddog »

portman wrote:I still have an old Canon 350D (the 2nd rebel I think) in my camera bag - a great little camera. I only upgraded it this year to a Canon EOS 40D - woohoo 10.0MP lol!!!! :lashed:

Great pictures Stik - I'd love to see a launch. Could you actually hear anything?

Rockets, BBQ - Man I need to move to California!

Come on down man! :lashed:
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

BorgR3mc0 wrote:Wow! That is an awe inspiring sight!
That it was. I love seeing evening launches. They can be quite spectacular.
portman wrote:I still have an old Canon 350D (the 2nd rebel I think) in my camera bag - a great little camera. I only upgraded it this year to a Canon EOS 40D - woohoo 10.0MP lol!!!! :lashed:

Great pictures Stik - I'd love to see a launch. Could you actually hear anything?

Rockets, BBQ - Man I need to move to California!
I don’t think I could recommend moving here. But I highly recommend a visit. No, the launch was too far away to hear. Vandenberg AFB is some 180 miles from my home.

It sounds like you have good things to say about Canon cameras too.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Stikpusher wrote:It sounds like you have good things to say about Canon cameras too.
I do think a lot of them but in truth I've not had a lot to compare then with. Asides from my classic Olympus and Minolta Cameras (they're all 35mm or APS) I've never used a Nikon or a Sony DSLR etc. I'd love to have a go with a Nikon but I consider myself lucky to have what I have.

I like the way the EOS operates and I love the colours their DSLR's (and compacts) capture. One thing I would say is that when using P, AV, or TV I generally wind the exp. comp down by 2/3 of a stop as I think they have a tendency to over expose - but that's just me.

But Yeah - good cameras. I have/had 6 EOS SLR's (x2 Digital, x3 35mm, x1APS) and about 4 compacts (digi and 35mm) that get used fairly regularly so I guess they must be doing something right.

Their lenses are quite nice too. I've not reached the heady heights of L series ones yet, but I do have a couple of nice USM zooms and a couple of Primes. It's taken me years to build my kit up into something decent. the only thing I'm lacking now is a decent long lens to replace my ye-olde 210mm - but they're all way out of my price range :sad:

Have fun with your's Stik!

Cheers!
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Man that's cool! I wish I could see a launch. The closest I get is Mission Control.
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

I would love to sit in the visitor gallery of mission control sometime for a launch.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM

Return to “Work In Progress”