Braille Scale Chally II

Member created Group Builds
KSaarni
Elite Member

Re: Braille Scale Chally II

Post by KSaarni »

Looking interesting Carlos!

Thinking of my 251/1 and the tracks... So you will add them on alrady now, before painting them ?
I am doubting my own approach, had planned to do the paintwork with the tracks before adding.
Of course, there is the risk when glueing pre-painted small parts... :hmm:

"What was first, the chicken or the egg"

- Kari
---
On the bench:
Tamiya F-4B Phantom II 1/48
Kinetic F-16A (new tool) 1/48

https://www.facebook.com/GrundAsk-Scale ... 721218708/
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

In this case yes, I am painting after assembly, because I will be doing an overall black base coat. But if not, I will often paint indy link tracks while still on the sprues. Mold seam line and sprue attachment point clean up will usually take the paint off of the contact gluing surfaces. Either way can work depending upon how you plan to weather or paint the vehicle.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Yeah, this is looking good. I usually would paint the DS tracks black before adding them to the painted model and then detail paint them later, but this works as well.

Keep it coming Carlos!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

I will keep it coming as best I can Mark. Just a bit short of time here lately. With our “emergency” staffing for the fires, when I normally would have worked a four day/forty hour work week, it was 54 hours in four days, plus another twelve yesterday because days off were cancelled... not much free time this week.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

Looking forward to seeing more out of this Carlos. Hope your commutes to and from work are safe ones with all that traffic bud.

I will say that this is crazy small...……..and I thought 1/72 scale aircraft were teeny. :headslap:
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Thanks Joe. I finally had a nite off here, and now I am trying to get my body clock back to its normal hours of sleeping in darkness, and being awake during the daytime. The dusk till dawn workshift was kicking my butt... :shock:

This kit is small, but not terribly so. It’s about the same size as a 1/35 scale jeep. The Challenger is a very large MBT. I’ll see what I can get accomplished today if I get any free time...

FLSM
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

mustang1989 wrote:Looking forward to seeing more out of this Carlos. Hope your commutes to and from work are safe ones with all that traffic bud.

I will say that this is crazy small...……..and I thought 1/72 scale aircraft were teeny. :headslap:

Like Carlos said, this ain't small by a long shot. You want to see crazy small, feel free to check out my Thread showing the three Volkswagens and the Lince which are all about an inch and an eighth in length at the longest. I also have the Volkswagens in the finished armor Forum.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

When this thing is all done, I think I’ll pose it for a photo with my 1/35 scale Challenger, for a good comparison of scales. I don’t have a 1/35 Challenger II built... yet. Just one in my stash.

So last nite, this was the point that I was at...

today I built up the rear plate

Then I glued that in place and and added the side add on armor

and lastly I completed the dozer blade- except for one cylinder, that in typical Dragon instruction sheet fashion, does not show exactly where that item goes... and looking online at photos has not turned up any good photos of that area or detail either...

FLSM
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Carlos, your work looks super! Truly!

Also, you are right about the vagueness of Dragon instructions. I am so far from following instructions at this point; and I also found that the locating pins are not trustworthy—acting more as rough placement guides. So, I found it easier to grind ‘em off and make my own guides with measurements using a pencil. Specifically I am following closely what you are doing with tracks here as well. I am able to follow your progress so easily. There are lessons here! Thanks so much!

I hope you rest and get back to a normal sleep schedule, though!
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Thanks Bruce! I’ll get some rest now. I’m officially on vacation/R&R, so plenty of rest ahead...

So,my last updates for this project for a couple of weeks: first up, based upon a best educated guess, I added the piston, and reworked the dozer blade a bit based upon the online photos that I did find

and here is a better shot of the rear plate in place

and the I clipped off the front tow hooks but glued their mounting points in place, again a deviation from the kit instructions. They will give some support to the dozer blade once mounted

and lastly, everything as it looks up to this point....

FLSM

Return to “Member Group Builds”