Braille Scale Chally II

Member created Group Builds
Stikpusher

Re: Braille Scale Chally II

Post by Stikpusher »

So today’s update was step 2, adding detail parts to the turret top and front. Test fitting, needle file swipes, fit and glue... lots of little things that I thankfully did not lose...

"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

You go, buddy! This looks great and your idea to chip away at this in short intervals is impressive!
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Thanks Bruce. As my schedule is at the moment, I can’t get more than 20 to 30 minutes at the bench. This is fun to build.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

The fun you are having shows, Carlos. Excited to see more progress. I did check out the instructions on Scalemates—this seems quite a well-made kit—and your analogy to early Seventies Tamiya feels spot on. Good show! Cheers!
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Stikpusher wrote:Thanks Bruce. As my schedule is at the moment, I can’t get more than 20 to 30 minutes at the bench. This is fun to build.
That's about the norm for me anyway - Great looking progress so far Stik and you stay safe with everything that's going on!
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Thank you Stuart. And yes, I’m perfectly safe with our work situation. My only hazards are the oddball (for me) hours, and commuting in rush hour traffic each way because of the hours..

FLSM
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

This afternoon, I finished up the turret. The fit of the turret floor to the top was not the best, and of course there was a major mold seam line on the main gun tube needing clean up... plus a few holes to be drilled for the CIP panels... this was a bit longer of a bench session.

Step 3 complete... next session, the upper hull.

FLSM
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Carlos, I'm glad that you are at least safe. Sucks about all the extra work, but hey, that's great for the modeling budget! :lashed: Everything is looking fantastic.

Bruce, as one who has built at least three quarters of the Dragon Braille Scale lineup, I can attest that these kits (especially the earlier ones) are the topmost level in quality along with companies like Modelcollect. They were continuously compared to Tamiya back in the day; in fact speculation was that this was what Tamiya Braille Scale kits would have looked like if Tamiya had done them.

Looking forward to seeing more.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Thanks Mark and Bruce. I’m glad to hear that you guys are enjoying this project as much as I am.

Today was a bit more progress. First up, Step 4, the upper hull detail parts. That went quick. The biggest speed bump was cleaning up the mold seam lines on rounded bits. They are more prominent than on any flat surfaces...

Then I deviated from the instructions. In the advice of someone who has built this kit, I added the front plate and idler wheels so that I could add the tracks. The instructions have you add the tracks as one of the last steps. No thanks Dragon...

And tracks on! The DS plastic stretched a bit at the glue joint...

I then started construction of the dozer blade, but ran out of time before work...

FLSM

Return to “Member Group Builds”