Show us your work area!!!

Show us where you work and what kits you have.
-Latest Acquisitions
Medicman71
Elite Member

Re: Show us your work area!!!

Post by Medicman71 »

mostrich wrote:Here's where a bit of magic and a lot of stupidity happens:

A mix of Ikea crap and the awesome Hobbyzone stuff. And no, it's not always that clean. :cool:
Wow. Man that's a nice space!! :shoutout: :shoutout:
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Man, I am so jealous! I wish I could have such a nice area for my modeling. I need to clean up my Hobby Room so I can take pics and show just how massively crowded and haphazard my workspace is.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

I am hopelessly cluttered. Our little granddaughter, Ella, was downstairs the other day and in my room. I asked her, "What do you think?" She replied, "It's messy!" I said, "Where?" She said, "All over!" You have to love 3 year olds.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Thomas_M
Admin

Post by Thomas_M »

LyleW wrote:I am hopelessly cluttered. Our little granddaughter, Ella, was downstairs the other day and in my room. I asked her, "What do you think?" She replied, "It's messy!" I said, "Where?" She said, "All over!" You have to love 3 year olds.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
mostrich
Admin

Post by mostrich »

"Kindermund tut Wahrheit kund" :giggles:

Thank you all for your positive replies. I've forced myself to a minimum of tidiness on my workbench some time ago, cause I rarely have the time for longer bench sessions. When I only have an hour time and I know I need half of it to bring myself to a starting point, I rather say screw it and do other things.
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

LyleW wrote:I am hopelessly cluttered. Our little granddaughter, Ella, was downstairs the other day and in my room. I asked her, "What do you think?" She replied, "It's messy!" I said, "Where?" She said, "All over!" You have to love 3 year olds.
Yep! You gotta love three-year-olds!

Now, let's talk about 'hopelessly cluttered! I think I can redefine that term: here's what I'm dealing with. These are updated pics of my Hobby Room, aka Maddog Manufacturing; taken just a day or so ago. First is my 'clean' workbench:

And yes, that is 'clean'! I'm hoping to get more of the in-progress models off the upper part of that shelf area on top of the desk. That desk is very bright now that my wife has replaced all the bulbs in my lamps with LEDs...

Here is my spraybooth with the new 'exhaust system'. The tape is covering the holes leading to the motor so fumes don't get inside:

That also doubles as my photo booth for some of the larger models.

Now here are the shelves above my workbench holding my Soviet Navy, Soviet Air Force, Japanese Navy and so forth:

That is only half that wall on that side of the room. The other half of those shelves is here, stretching to the Hobby Room door:

Finally, here is the East wall, opposite of the wall where my workbench is:

The only thing not showing in that pic is the small corner shelf unit holding some of my other models. That's because they are still covered by other boxes.

I finally was able to clear out a lot of boxes that had been covering the lower shelves so now you can see my civilian ships and some of my other command vessels and such as well as most of my US battleships. This is an indication of how many models i was able to finish without replacing them with new purchases. Most of the boxes I was able to remove were empties from completed models; or boxes holding spare sprues that I was able to condense down. Now this is the first time in years I've had the chance to show my entire shelf unit on that side of the room. You can certainly see how 'hopelessly cluttered' I truly am!

Now you all can see what I'm dealing with and why there is no room for Dora, my German armored train or the Saturn V to be displayed. This is why I envy all you guys with these awesome, spacious and organized rooms!

Hey, if anyone is ever in Southern California, feel free to look me up for a free tour of this monstrosity. Pics are impressive, but there's nothing like seeing all this in person; or so others have told me after seeing this room.

Okay, enjoy the mayhem here were all the magic and stupidity happens at Maddog Manufacturing!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Thomas_M
Admin

Post by Thomas_M »

Duke, that´s ... I don´t know...
You found a way to store your hundreds of finished builds more closely and space-saving than the pro´s at Davis-Monthan! :shoutout:
But, honestly: you realy need a modelling house! :whistle:
Gary Brantley
Addicted Member

Post by Gary Brantley »

Wow! Duke, you got a lot of models man!! Most impressive production fo' sho'... :shoutout:
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

That is an amazing space. It just looks like a workshop....in the best possible way..
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Thanks Thomas. In truth, they are pretty haphazard. you can see some of them stacked on top of others since I have no room for them. Yeah, I do need a modeling house!

Thanks Tex! It's somewhere around 1100+ finished models. Someday I'm going to have to count them all and see just how many.

Thanks Lyle! That is a truly great compliment!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

Return to “Your Work Bench and Stash”