VALLEY CON 2019.

list upcoming events, post pictures of events that have taken place.
speedgraflex

VALLEY CON 2019.

Post by speedgraflex »

Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Stikpusher

Re: VALLEY CON 2019.

Post by Stikpusher »

Well Mark lives up that way...
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Stikpusher wrote:Well Mark lives up that way...
Yeah I'm a bit closer to this than you are indeed. I also plan on being there with at least 15 entries....maybe more.

I love that it's two days after my birthday. What a great opportunity to treat myself to some modeling presents!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

So your birthday is Feb 28, Mark? It’s been a looonggg daaay, bud. Counting backwards is tough.
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

speedgraflex wrote:So your birthday is Feb 28, Mark? It’s been a looonggg daaay, bud. Counting backwards is tough.

No, it's March 1st. On Hobby Day Eve March 8th, I'll be cooking steaks for everyone who stays till after 5:00PM at the Hobby Day. That's my birthday present to everyone else for spending it with me. Not sure yet whether it'll be top sirloin or New York strip. We'll see what's on sale that week.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Careful now Mark... just like AMPS, once you put word out that there will be food, all sorts of folks you don’t normally see will show up... :headslap:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

I'm counting on it! Too many people are invited to Hobby Day all the time and never show up! I have an E-mail list of 15+ people that I invite and a text list of 12-13 people that I notify when the hall is actually open. I'm lucky f two people show up after all that! If this is what it takes, then this is what I'll do for my birthday at least. I consider it an awesome birthday if I have as many of my friends around me as possible; especially since I've lost so many in the past year.

So, save the date Carlos so you can be one of those 'folks you don’t normally see'!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Scheduling is always going to be an issue for me until I have time off—or I am able to take time off.
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Understood Bruce. We will be there until 9:30-10:00PM so that gives plenty of time for everyone who wishes to come down. Still, I also know how scheduling can be difficult.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Is this for Hobby Day eve/Duke Maddogfest, or Valley Con? And 0930 or 2130?

FLSM

Return to “Shows and contests”