Spearhead tanks...

Talk about anything modeling: kits, tools, paint, etc...
mostrich
Admin

Re: Spearhead tanks...

Post by mostrich »

I like that story. In most corners of the Balkans things are running a bit slower than in the western world (which is a good thing in my opinion) and who knows, maybe it still has its dusty appearance on one of those cafe's shelves.
When the sun of culture hangs low even dwarfs throw shadows.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

mostrich wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 2:37 pm I like that story. In most corners of the Balkans things are running a bit slower than in the western world (which is a good thing in my opinion) and who knows, maybe it still has its dusty appearance on one of those cafe's shelves.
Who knows… hopefully it has a good home somewhere, all these years later. As far as things being a bit slower in the Balkans, yes that’s a good thing, but I’ve been reading lately about the Serbs in Kosovo getting stupid again… :headslap:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
mostrich
Admin

Post by mostrich »

Stikpusher wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 5:40 pm (...) but I’ve been reading lately about the Serbs in Kosovo getting stupid again… :headslap:
Yeah, street blockades and the Serbian Army is set on readyness for action. Unfortunately, the ultra nationalistic forces are still strong in Serbia. I have Serbian neighbors who are great people and friends of mine. But there are some topics I know I have to avoid (like the NATO intervention from '99).
I fear that the final chapter of that book ain't written yet.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

I’m sure that it is not written. As a culture the Serbs hang on to the distant past and nurture a permanent victimhood state of mind. All it takes is a few rabble rousers to fan the embers and get it going again. And I do know that right now KFOR is a shadow of what it once was, and that the Russians have something to do with fanning the current embers hoping to get some NATO attention diverted from their current misadventure in Ukraine.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
mostrich
Admin

Post by mostrich »

Well interpreted, Stik. I'm with you on all points. Sadly, though.
I was part of the KFOR training camp in 1998 and so was able to see for myself what the troops were capable of. What I hear from friends who are close to the Army these days is just unacceptable.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Yeah, I think about the Bundeswehr that I knew back in the day, the Bundeswehr soldiers that I trained with in the past in the years afterwards, and what I’ve read about in the news over the past few years and wonder what happened.

FLSM

Return to “Modeling Discussion”