My camera

Just what it says. Tell us about your "stuff"
LyleW
Admin

My camera

Post by LyleW »

We have had a lot of good natured banter regarding camera brands. I use Nikon. Why? That is what I was given as a present years ago and I've stayed with them. I have a Nikon EM film camera, a Nikon N75 film camera and a Nikon D5000 DSLR. The good news is all the lenses from the EM to present will fit any of the camers bodies. I pretty much use the Nikon D5000 now with a 55-200mm zoom.

Don't have a dedicated photo space as yet. Someday!
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Thomas_M
Admin

Re: My camera

Post by Thomas_M »

Some few years ago I bought a fantastic camera: a CANON! Image
What else? :twisted:
60d_586x186.jpg
(Source: http://www.usa.canon.com)

More information here: EOS 60D

I also got a high end macro lens to do most of my review and build shots. I almost always do this using a tripod and manual focusing. This way I have plenty of influence on the depth of field in my pictures.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

you take nice pics in spite of your camera. "What else?" indeed! Let me know when you are ready for a Nikon, a real camera. Nice set up, too.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Thomas_M
Admin

Post by Thomas_M »

Jim, I already had reached the postal office with all my camera equipment in a parcel to you when I realized your cheap try... :|
scorpiomikey
Addicted Member

Post by scorpiomikey »

I have an old Canon 300D that was given to me 3rd hand by my dad years ago. Its getting slow and weird in its old age (a battery lasts me 600 photos at best now) but its a good little (really not little, or light) work horse.

As to why i use canon, i guess its family tradition. Everyone right back to my uncle Allan (Died when i was about 3) has used a Canon. The only non Canon (haha get it) SLR used in the family was my dads Minolta, Which hed had since the mid 70's and i used right up until about 10 years ago.
You can learn all the math in the 'Verse, but you take a boat in the air that you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.
Paul
Addicted Member

Post by Paul »

Canon T3 with the kit 18-55 and a 35-80 coming soon
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Hey! I use my iPhone for pics and it works for me!
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault

Return to “Cameras and Equipment”