My camera

Just what it says. Tell us about your "stuff"
dmminiatures
Master Member

Re: My camera

Post by dmminiatures »

I concur Portman... digital takes away the fun of 35mm slides. oh, how I love the colors, even more the excitement it creates when you see the strips of films fresh from processing at the shop.

But... I admit that digital gave me complete practicality. plus everything has gone digital nowdays. I remember when prepping up for the Paatchi contest, I need to develop, scan, and photoshop. Back then, it took me two weeks to get the processed films.

I still have two dozen BWs in my freezer, mostly Kodaks and Ilfords. but I never had been able to use them anymore. I dont develop the films myself so its pretty much the shops. sadly, they have dissapeared.
Monty / dmminiatures
Thomas_M
Admin

Post by Thomas_M »

Anyone wants my Canon AE-1 Program? Don´t know when I made use of it the last time. Must be hundreds of years ago... But cannot bring myseld to throw it away... :nono:
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Thomas_M wrote:Anyone wants my Canon AE-1 Program? Don´t know when I made use of it the last time. Must be hundreds of years ago... But cannot bring myseld to throw it away... :nono:
I would Thomas but I don't use the ones I DO have..(or rather I DO use them but can't get the roll developed :bored: )

Dust it off, and stick it on a shelf with a roll of 35mm - it'll be a good talking point for the youngsters who don't know what film is! (or you could USE it :giggles: )
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Thomas_M
Admin

Post by Thomas_M »

portman wrote:Dust it off, and stick it on a shelf with a roll of 35mm - it'll be a good talking point for the youngsters who don't know what film is! (or you could USE it :giggles: )
:giggles: :grin:
dmminiatures
Master Member

Post by dmminiatures »

portman wrote:
Dust it off, and stick it on a shelf with a roll of 35mm - it'll be a good talking point for the youngsters who don't know what film is! (or you could USE it :giggles: )
I got to show my EOS-1N to my oldest son (he is 12) and he was already asking "how do you know whether you've gotten a 'right' shot?" -- haa haa, you dont!
Monty / dmminiatures
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

dmminiatures wrote:
portman wrote:
I got to show my EOS-1N to my oldest son (he is 12) and he was already asking "how do you know whether you've gotten a 'right' shot?" -- haa haa, you dont!
:giggles: :giggles: :giggles:

mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

Well up until earlier this year I had a Nikon Coolpix S550. It did ok and was better than my phone but there was the equipment barrier as well as the operator knowledge barrier. I could have done better with this camera had I had the knowledge that I do now about digital cameras.

I now have a Nikon Coolpix S9700 and for one it's a lot better camera but then again I've set out to learn as much about not only this camera but digital photography itself. I've still got a lot to learn but my picture taking skills keep getting more satisfactory to me. True, there are better cameras out there but this one's doing the trick for me and is one HELLUVA lot better than what I started with.

Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

I went to my Daughters school Christmas Fayre on Friday - what a laugh - it was organised by the students themselves.

On the junk stall they had an old Pentax MZ-50 35mm SLR with a 35-80mm zoom lense. i picked it up for a whopping £2.50! I bet half the kids there didn't even know what it was. judging by the condition of it when you open the back - it's hardly been used.

I'll bung a roll of film through it over the next few weeks.

LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

That is a great find, Stuart. I have an old box camera that was in our house growing up. Never saw it used, but it has to be at least as old as Thomas.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
mostrich
Admin

Post by mostrich »

LyleW wrote:...but it has to be at least as old as Thomas.
Relicts of WWI can reach ridiculous prices on auctions these days.

Just sayin'...

Return to “Cameras and Equipment”