IMC 1/32 Bell 206 Jet Ranger

speedgraflex

Re: IMC 1/32 Bell 206 Jet Ranger

Post by speedgraflex »

I saw “Deep Frst Green” and thought, “Deep S**t Green.” You have my full support as well. Maybe not try to “subdue” as Carlos suggests, but perform triage on the delicate pieces. Have you looked at a kit of the same subject by a newer manufacturer. Reason I ask is I got in deep s**t with an old car kit, same story with the diamond hard plastic that reacted badly to glue and paint, so I cut my losses and tossed it. Many hours of building were wasted and I couldn’t approach building the same subject for awhile... but the interest still remained and I recently found a more modern kit which will be much easier to build. I definitely was testing my limits, perhaps you are too.
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Bruce, I may look for a newer kit in the future. I knew, well suspected, it would be trouble. Did not expect this much, but that’s how it is. Some days you get the bear and some days the bear gets you. I went for cheap.

I’ve gotten close enough that I’m pretty sure I’ll finish it.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

But, having said that...it is also a slippery slope. The “throw away” kits are often so bad there is no way to improve. Guess that is when you toss it?
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Hey! You can find the exact kit repopped in Army Green by Revell. The “JR” was still produced by Revell through 2010, and carries a NOS price of $50 shipped from eBay. This might be a nice case of a deja vu with better plastic and the cost with combined shipping is in line with other 1/32 models—or put it this way: you already started up the slope and this kit could carry you to the top of it.
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

I have plenty to work on! :giggles:
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Keep plugging Lyle, you got this. In this episode of Man vs Model, you came out on top. Don't let the b*stard win!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Yeah, but I have to touch it later! :whiteflag:
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Well, just treat it like a fine woman! You got this Casanova! :giggles:
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
LyleW
Admin

Re: IMC 1/32 Bell 206 Jet Ranger...BYE BYE

Post by LyleW »

The last nerve has been gotten tweaked. The plug has been pulled. Goodbye to a horrible kit.

speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Rest in Pieces. Onward, Sir Lyle.
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX

Return to “Whirlychopters”