IMC 1/32 Bell 206 Jet Ranger

LyleW
Admin

Re: IMC 1/32 Bell 206 Jet Ranger

Post by LyleW »

I plan on doing some gecals and mounting them on thin, clear plastic. We shall see!
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

LyleW wrote:I plan on doing some gecals and mounting them on thin, clear plastic. We shall see!
:popcorn: :writing:
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Stikpusher wrote:That mesh looks great! Is it flexible/pliable? And what is it made from?
Paper. It is a picture that I printed.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

LyleW wrote:
Stikpusher wrote:That mesh looks great! Is it flexible/pliable? And what is it made from?
Paper. It is a picture that I printed.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Well! That looks really perfect, Lyle! I would be tempted to use a little white glue to add it to a slightly oversized piece of scrap plastic card then glue the card inside.!

Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Bruce, thanks. I plan on printing a copy on clear water slide paper. Then I have some options. Grinding was a ho-hum outcome. So, I may not grind the other side. In any event, they will be mounted on thin (think plastic packaging) clear plastic. Cut/trim to fit. May fit the plastic backer, paint the cowling and after that dries, add the decal. I do love the sketches! Hope your arm heals quickly.
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

I find your scratch building inspiring. You definitely motivated me too. When I used clear plastic “Bic” razor packaging I used two part epoxy to hold it in place. I’m not a chemist but the “attraction” ie the melting, fusing reaction was not there so I treated it not as two like minded materials but as two dissimilar ones that need a bond that cares not a jot what it bonds—it does its own thing... on its own time. Just a thought from your peanut gallery, sir. Just a thought. Also thanks—I’m doing all I can to heal this strained flipper fast!
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

speedgraflex wrote: Also thanks—I’m doing all I can to heal this strained flipper fast!
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

LyleW wrote:Bruce, thanks. I plan on printing a copy on clear water slide paper. Then I have some options. Grinding was a ho-hum outcome. So, I may not grind the other side. In any event, they will be mounted on thin (think plastic packaging) clear plastic. Cut/trim to fit. May fit the plastic backer, paint the cowling and after that dries, add the decal. I do love the sketches! Hope your arm heals quickly.
Oh man, starting off like a house-on-fire today. Unhooked the b/w laser to clean the rollers and promptly dumped, yes...dumped, the box of loose parts for the 206 on the floor. Of course, the trash can was right there, so I may get to go dumpster diving later. The printer does seem cleaner. No toner streaks. Now, back to our regularly scheduled programming...…

Bruce, I don't have any of that type of epoxy. I think I have some of the "Dollar Store" variety in those little tubes. I also have some clear styrene sheets. After all the hacking, chopping, and grinding...it finally occurred to me that I could have simply sanded down the little ridges they molded for the vents and put the decals in their place. Ol' Bronosaurus brain stikes again!
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

LyleW wrote:...it finally occurred to me that I could have simply sanded down the little ridges they molded for the vents and put the decals in their place. Ol' Bronosaurus brain stikes again!
lol! You say that but some times we don't often think of these things until we start to tackle something. As it is I think you've come up with a pretty decent solution to the problem and I think it'll look good when you've got it all together. Are you still doing the OD version?

What I will say is you've got me wanting to do a 206 now.
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/

Return to “Whirlychopters”