Cessna T50 1/48 Squadron "Encore"

Post your work in progress of your aircraft builds in here.
LyleW
Admin

Re: Cessna T50 1/48 Squadron "Encore"

Post by LyleW »

Floki wrote:Seats are in and looking good Lyle
Thank you, Clint!
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
jkim
Elite Member

Post by jkim »

I'm in paralysis mode on my Corsair build. I kinda have an idea of what to do but I don't feel like doing it so I'm dawdling around on other things.
John aka JKim
-----------<><
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

I know why the call it crazy glue! It is making me crazy. Okay, that may not be entirely the fault of the glue. But still. Just spent the better part of an hour trying to glue the control wheels to the panel on this thing. For what ever reason, the glue won't "bite" and hold so I can apply a little dib of accelerator. Oh, it will grab on my fingers and anything else I do not want it to attach to. Bad time to scratch my butt.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

LyleW wrote:I know why the call it crazy glue! It is making me crazy. Okay, that may not be entirely the fault of the glue. But still. Just spent the better part of an hour trying to glue the control wheels to the panel on this thing. For what ever reason, the glue won't "bite" and hold so I can apply a little dib of accelerator. Oh, it will grab on my fingers and anything else I do not want it to attach to. Bad time to scratch my butt.

:giggles: :giggles: :giggles:

Ignore that itch Lyle....

:tease:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Stikpusher wrote:
LyleW wrote:I know why the call it crazy glue! It is making me crazy. Okay, that may not be entirely the fault of the glue. But still. Just spent the better part of an hour trying to glue the control wheels to the panel on this thing. For what ever reason, the glue won't "bite" and hold so I can apply a little dib of accelerator. Oh, it will grab on my fingers and anything else I do not want it to attach to. Bad time to scratch my butt.

:giggles: :giggles: :giggles:

Ignore that itch Lyle....

:tease:
:-( too late...now, where is the debonder.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Hopefully you can open the debonder one handed....

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Not too much going on right now. I am completely flummoxed by masking the clear parts. My knife skills are shaky at best and the scribing is so light as to be useless. I contacted Squadron to see if they had any line art I could use as a template....Nope. I popped open the Czech model which has a few more goodies to see if (hoping for) masks...Nope. Guess I'm on my own. I really want this to look better than if it had been done with crayons and duct tape.

Fuselage is glued together and some filling/sanding done. Probably need additional work, but it doesn't look too bad at this point.

Most of the gap you see in the next one is filled with CA and I'll hit it with some putty in a bit.

Anyone have any masks for the T-50? Asking for a friend.....
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

LyleW wrote:Anyone have any masks for the T-50? Asking for a friend.....
Got some right here..

Some assembly required....

:giggles:

Man that fuselage seam looks to be a bit of a challenge.... :ballbat:

FLSM
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Good one! :ballbat: I have plenty of that.

The fuselage is known to be a PITA by most reviews I've seen. There is either a high spot in the middle or it is warped (like me). Plus, when I installed the IP and cabin floor, it created more tension and poor fit. IP popped off/out 2-3 times. I finally broke out the rotary tool with a grinding bit and went at it. Got it closed...sort of. One of the particularly fun aspects is the cabin door. I want to know what drunken son-of-a-sea-slug, brain dead, moronic fool came up with this gem?

Cut the window from part CP5 and install in part 12? You need your meds.
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

I went online to check out kit reviews. You picked a challenging project, bud. Proud of you. As far as the two canopy parts are concerned, my advice such as it is would be to work those separately from the fuselage, then join them later. I think there are some precedents established for doing so with bomber models. I would gently polish both front and top parts and keep these well away from the fuselage for the moment. On CP 1 I would mask the vertical supports from top to bottom and paint those first, then mask the horizontal sections and paint those. I would set that aside and work on the clear part (CP 2/3?) above it the same way. I would pull the tape after a few hours then wait a day before masking the second area.

Alternate: pull a clear section of decals from your spares—not inkjet decal paper, but the kind from Cartograph—paint with Olive Drab. Cut out the vertical sections as these are simplest to create using Zona X-Acto blades. Paint the horizontal braces first, then add the decals. I did this on a spacecraft with thin horizontal windows and this method works. The spacecraft I was building like yours had a lot of windows set in compound curves and I had to paint with the glass in position.

Do a Future wash. Set these pieces into a small plastic container and keep them well away from the work space for a few days.
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX

Return to “Aircraft Work in Progress”