Stuart's Jet Thread

All things jet, no props and Stik...no armor even though the M1 is turbin powered.
Stikpusher

Re: Stuart's Tamiya 1/48 F-15A Eagle

Post by Stikpusher »

speedgraflex wrote:All of those kits are really beautiful! For me, the twin boom and asymmetrical folding wings of the Sea Vixen were really intriguing design features. I thought Carlos would like this because of his Vampire, actually! Hah.
Oh yeah. I love the Dehavilland twin booms: Vampire, Venom, Vixen... :wub:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Credit Bolleken for this—

... and he’s building one in 1/72.
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Not a jet.... :bored:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Forgive me! It is twin boom, though, but yes—my mistake!
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

:tease:

No worries...

Some twin booms look great, some wimpy, some strange...

FLSM
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Stikpusher wrote:Not a jet.... :bored:
Ah but...

Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

speedgraflex wrote:All of those kits are really beautiful! For me, the twin boom and asymmetrical folding wings of the Sea Vixen were really intriguing design features. I thought Carlos would like this because of his Vampire, actually! Hah.
Taken on Saturday...

The Sea Vixen is one of my all time favourite aircraft, and seeing the Airfix 1/48 kit on the front of Airfix model world way back in 2010 was one of the things that got me back into modelling. I am yet to build one however.

speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

The photo you posted of the Saab is more than likely the one Marius is building (or at least has added to his inventory of kits). However I do sincerely apologize for my error. I love the open platform of this Group Build and of this thread. I actually researched both the Spitfire and Harrier in 1/24, both of which deserve the details available, however I concluded that 1/32 was my limit. Plus I recall a modeler beginning his review of the Harrier: “After 7 months of work...” and thinking about that in my terms as quite possibly two years. Regarding the Sea Vixen, with such an important personal subject I would tell you to go for it. I found several in 1/72, including a Frog, which could be quite fun and adventurous to build, but I think you are quite right to post 1/48 Airfix boxes and this should be an Airfix Build!
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Hell Bruce - there's no need to apologise for anything on this thread - I'm not worried at all, in fact it kinda gives me an idea for a future build.

The 1/24 Harrier is a beast of a kit. I've had it on the SOD for about 6 years and I just can't get into it. EVERYTHING is totally lacking in detail and EVERYTHING is a crap fit. I bought a load of resin AM bits for it which was a mistake as I've since found out I hate working with that medium. The kit and AM parts have been on ebay for a while already.

I agree it has to be the Airfix Vixen (I sold my FROG kit last year), but the prices on ebay are stupid at the moment - well out of the range I'm willing to pay for it. I might have to wait until Airfix do a re-release.

Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

I wouldn't mind finding a Vixen to build. I've never built one of those. I've also never built a WWII era Gloster Meteor; only a Korean vet.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.

Return to “Jet GB by Portman”