Lyle’s Jet GB subject is ...

All things jet, no props and Stik...no armor even though the M1 is turbin powered.
LyleW
Admin

Re: Lyle’s Jet GB subject is ...

Post by LyleW »

got the nose fixed. The probe and a piece of the fuselage broke off when it dove to the floor to avoid incoming AAA fire.

I ordered several gallons of Tamiya Acrylic to see if i can create the mix they specify for the color: Beige, White, Flesh and Stone Gray. Got them from Hobbylinc. They seem to have a sale on the Tamiya bottles at the moment.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Nice save Lyle!
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Medicman71 wrote:Nice save Lyle!
Thanks, Mike.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Better than new!
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Thank you! Well, maybe...but it will work.
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Scale modeling is fun! Scale modeling is fun! Scale modeling is fun! Scale modeling is fun! Scale modeling is fun!

For the third time, a new pointy thing on the nose of the Victor. Easy Peasy.

Spent time mixing up a color for the fuselage. Came to about a 23ml jar of paint when I was done. I used the instruction percents,

35% matt flesh
25% flat white
20% beige
20% stone gray.

In Tamiya's world, I used Flat Flesh (XF-15), Flat White (XF-2), Buff (XF-57) and Sky Gray (XF-19).

I used 1 drop per percent. and multiplied it by 5, I think. …

Image..

A couple of observations. Tamiya's Flesh color is yellow....My idea of stone gray is not theirs. You can see the result of a test of 100 drops - the yellowish color. I added 5 drops of Flat Black (XF-1) per 100 drops of the combined color.. Pretty satisfied with the result...the more greenish color.

Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Yes, the second take is much better.

Practice makes perfect on the nose pointy thing... :giggles:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Yep, practice does help.
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

I like thew second color as well. Looks great Lyle, keep it coming!

Remember: Scale modeling is fun! :giggles:
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
BorgR3mc0
Elite Member

Post by BorgR3mc0 »

Old big kits can be bears to build. And you are wrestling a grizzly Lyle! Keep on it!
ImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Jet GB by Portman”