Takom 1/35th FV 432

Here is the place to show of your finished armor products.
Bish
Master Member

Takom 1/35th FV 432

Post by Bish »

Recently finished this build of Takoms 1/35th FV 432. In 1995, my battalion, 1 KORBR, moved from Lononderry in N Ireland to catterick in N Yorkshire, and begain converting to the Armoured Infantry role. I was placed into the MILAN Anti Tank Platoon, Support company. And for transport, we were supplied with very old and worse for wear FV 432's. I spent 4 years in that Platoon, and while i didn't train as a 432 driver until around 2002, after i had trained as a Warrior driver, in 1995 i did spend a lot of time helping to get our vehyicles into a servicable condition.

While the build is not based on any one vehicle, it is a representation of the fleet we had. I added master metal tracks and replace dthe light guards with an AM set from Accurate armour. I also added wiring for the radios and batteries. There are a few things missing, such as the rifle racks for the driver and comander, but i decided to leave these. The call sign decals i printed myself, after some help. No one does the markings for Support Company vehicles. It was painted with Tamiya and weathered with oils and AK washes and pigments.

The MILAN, which is a lovely little kit, helmits and bergans are all from Accurate armour.

Overall, a very nice kit to build, detail is superb and the fit was excellent.

Thanks for looking.
'I am a Norfolk man and i glory in being so'
On the bench: Revell 1/72nd Type VIIc U-Boat
Stuart
Elite Member

Re: Takom 1/35th FV 432

Post by Stuart »

That's a cracking build Bish - it's really nice to see a bit of modern British Armour for a change. I think you've got the look spot on and I like how the vehicle is really dirtied up yet the MILAN and the spare rounds are spotless - that's a really nice touch.

Which part of the Army did you serve in? (If you don't mind me asking?)
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Bish
Master Member

Post by Bish »

Cheers, it actually came out much better than i could have hoped and looks exactly as i remember them. I do like the contrast between the 2 and of course the live MILAN rounds were bot around long enough to get dirty :grin:

I was an Infantrymen, started out in 3 Royal Anglian in 1991 then transferred to the KORBR. In 2006 we merged with 2 other Regt's and formed the Duke of lancs.
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Bish wrote:I was an Infantrymen, started out in 3 Royal Anglian in 1991 then transferred to the KORBR. In 2006 we merged with 2 other Regt's and formed the Duke of lancs.
Very cool, and thanks for your service. It is a shame how many Regiments have been merged over the years.
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

That really looks sharp, in a well-used, weathered sort of way. Outstanding.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Man you really nailed the look of a track in the field. Everything looks just so!

Now I know some of your various regiments, and crossed paths with a couple or three, and their shorthand abbreviations. But which one is the KORBR? I presume that the KO is Kings Own...
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Bish
Master Member

Post by Bish »

Cheers guys.
Portman, your not wrong. Whats now the Royal Anglians used to be 9 regiments, now its 2 Battalions. I hate to think what will be next.

Carlos, correct, Kings Own Royal Border Regiment. Recruited from the North West, Cumbria and N Lancs area.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Ahhhhh.... thank you for the explanation Bish. I can only imagine that they have a nice long proud history.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

A wonderful kit. Well done, Bish!
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Bish
Master Member

Post by Bish »

Stikpusher wrote:Ahhhhh.... thank you for the explanation Bish. I can only imagine that they have a nice long proud history.
Indeed they do. Of course, its history combines many different regiments as since the late 50's many have merged over and over, the latest being 2006 which formed the Duke of lancasters. One of our battle Honours does include Arnheim as one battalion of the Border Regiment was glider infantry and landed both in Italy and Holland. After the lancs were formed A Company became Arnheim company which i was lucky enough to serve in.

Return to “Completed Builds: Armor”