Trumpeter 1/72 US Navy RA-5C Vigilante.

All things jet, no props and Stik...no armor even though the M1 is turbin powered.
KSaarni
Elite Member

Re: Trumpeter 1/72 RA-5C Vigilante.

Post by KSaarni »

Oh yes, it sure would !

- Kari
---
On the bench:
Tamiya F-4B Phantom II 1/48
Kinetic F-16A (new tool) 1/48

https://www.facebook.com/GrundAsk-Scale ... 721218708/
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Cool!
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

That is a great picture..as are the others. Like the Vigjlante a lot
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

I ordered a Monogram from ‘67. I am waiting for the package to arrive for six days now. I am hopeful it will be here Saturday so I can bring that build up alongside this one to see if I can take an old kit someone left behind (clipped off sprues, wheels and gear painted) and complete it with respect. I am going to fill the bomb opening and add some turkey feathers. The kit does not have either—three holes. I ordered some bomber version decals from eBay as well—USS Kittyhawk. I hope to use ‘em on the kit.
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

interesting....I certainly will be keeping an eye on this. Does it "poop" a weapon our the back? I remember as a kid having one that did.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

I believe Monogram removed the action feature from this rebox; this is the light blue long box. It’s hard as hen’s teeth to find an action version that is not at a much higher collectible price. This is a builder’s kit.
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

speedgraflex wrote:Thank you, sir! Also I may be acting like a jerk about this but I’m trying to stretch by doing this aircraft and I will do my best to make it serve as a good model representing the actual aircraft. I sincerely appreciate the way everyone here is supportive of each other and I have always felt that what separates SPAM from other forums is the kindness of its members; not to beat a dead horse but to reiterate what I truly, truly believe.

Just saw this. NICE job closing all the gaps up. :shoutout:
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Thank you, sir. I like the kit well enough—I like the idea of the Monogram a bit differently. Do I shave off raised panel lines, for example? The Trumpeter design has thinned edges and forms but suffers heavily from the fad of rivets represented as evenly spaced holes. I think filling in these holes with a sludge version of Milliput might really work and perhaps this was the point. I see a lot of Trumpeter 1/72 kits for sale and not many completed builds—beside Mark’s version.
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

This is the Monogram part from 1967 which I started cleaning up. Looks like Sharpie caps will make great jet engines. Not sure how to handle the bomb cover in the center yet. Perhaps a Bic ballpoint pen cap?

New phone.
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX

Return to “Jet GB by Portman”