Cross Kit General Lee....ish-Completed-12/28

mustang1989

Re: Cross Kit General Lee Charger-Engine Installed-12/06

Post by mustang1989 »

Ok folks.....being pretty much unhappy with the air cleaner that I had on the engine I searched high and low and found one more air cleaner in my stash that actually goes on a 440 and shot it with Molotow Chrome through an airbrush. This time the results were pure magic...……

This looks MUCH better to me....

Stuart
Elite Member

Re: Cross Kit General Lee Charger-Engine Update-12/09

Post by Stuart »

That looks class Joe :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout:
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

'Preciate that Stuart.
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

I'm to the point that I'm now working on the grille/ front end of this bad boy. I can't really fit anything into the engine bay as far as the radiator core support (which has now been extensively modified to fit. Don't ask folks....I really don't know what happened with the fit of everything up front. All parts were test fitted prior to even painting and it all fit perfect. Now ...the front fenders have to be spread in the front some to get the brace and hood to fit. Weird.
As far as the grille goes, there's some more mods that I'm doing. Looks like the inserts from the MPC kit turned around backwards fit perfectly in the openings that I cut out of the grille. I've still got some filling and sanding to do to get rid of those nasty ejector pin marks but that's not really a worry of mine. I cut the PE grille inserts out and test fitted. Looks like it's all a "go" at this point. One more side to go...…..

mustang1989

Re: Cross Kit General Lee Charger-Front Grille Work-12/13

Post by mustang1989 »

Spent a little more time on the grille early this morning. Managed to get the other hole cut out and smooth out those ejector pin marks....

BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Re: Cross Kit General Lee Charger-Front Grille Work-12/14

Post by BlackSheep214 »

That's some mighty good scratchbuilding ya got going on there, Joe! :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout:
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Lookin’ good!
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

Thanks you guys. This grille area is really kicking by butt. I'm overly sensitive to it but I really try to put ALOT of effort into this area as it's one of the first thing that sticks out on this car. Gotta get it right.
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

That is some beautiful finesse work, bud. Turning the inserts around to fit ‘em is a great idea. You are right about the front end being a focal point, so you are putting the time in where it counts.
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

speedgraflex wrote:That is some beautiful finesse work, bud. Turning the inserts around to fit ‘em is a great idea. You are right about the front end being a focal point, so you are putting the time in where it counts.
It's definitely time consuming I can tell you that. Thanks Bruce.

Return to “Hollywood Bandits and Rebels GB”