Ships of the American Flag GB feeler

Organize a group build and see who is wanting to participate here.
Modelcrazy
Addicted Member

Ships of the American Flag GB feeler

Post by Modelcrazy »

So, on the other site, starting last year, I have been hosting ships of some nations flag. Last year was the British, this year is American, next is German and the year after will be Japanese. There is no end date but a sign up deadline. I don't know how many ship builders or members who want to try something different are on here but I though I would throw it out there.
If there is any interest I would go deeper into the rules, acceptable start date and subjects that would qualify.
Building a kit from your stash is like cutting the head off a Hydra, two more take it’s place.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... obby+bench
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Re: Ships of the American Flag GB feeler

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Hmmm.... it’s been years since I’ve done a ship model kit. I don’t have any in my stash but depends on when you’re looking to start it.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Would a PT boat work?
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Modelcrazy
Addicted Member

Post by Modelcrazy »

Yes, anything that flew/flies the Stars and Stripes including merchant, PT boats, submarines, cruse ships, racing yachts, square riggers, captured ships......and of course, warships, any era. If the flag was raised on it's decks at any time, it qualifies.
Building a kit from your stash is like cutting the head off a Hydra, two more take it’s place.

speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

I have been waiting hopefully for this moment! I would like to build the Revenue Cutter from Blue Jacket Models if that is acceptable.

Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Modelcrazy
Addicted Member

Post by Modelcrazy »

It would be more than acceptable Bruce, and most delightful to watch.

LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Modelcrazy wrote:Yes, anything that flew/flies the Stars and Stripes including merchant, PT boats, submarines, cruse ships, racing yachts, square riggers, captured ships......and of course, warships, any era. If the flag was raised on it's decks at any time, it qualifies.
Okay. I’m in with a PT 109,,,Revell, I think. Not sure how it will be numbered. Still a little torqued that JFK left the wreckage. Cardinal rule? Stay with the craft. That is where they will start looking.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Cool! I’m excited.
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Modelcrazy
Addicted Member

Post by Modelcrazy »

Nice Bruce, love the ensign. :shoutout:

Since I'm not much on member numbers and believe there's no reason to not start a GB and disappoint members who want to participate, I'll put up an official thread and rules on the member GB's forum.
Just not sure when to start. I was thinking Aug 1st but that my be too soon. Since the GB is pretty open ended, any ideas? :hmm:

speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

I ordered a “U.S. Revenue Cutter,” with a hardwood hull from eBay. This is a 1970s kit by Sterling Models, which I know made great aircraft products. Looking at the photos, the Revenue Cutter appears to be a deluxe kit—cast metal, rope rigging and sail patterns as well as the hull and deck planking are included. To answer your question, I will be good to go by the 1st. I will probably need to order new rigging and as well as copper plates for the hull. The main reason I chose this older kit over the new Bluejacket was cost—I feel I am getting about 80 percent of what BJ offers for $15–saving about $130 dollars.
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX

Return to “Group Build Feeler”