Revell 1/72 Pt 109

Beginning August 1,2019 and ending who knows when....All things floaty sailing under the American flag.
Stikpusher

Re: Revell 1/72 Pt 109

Post by Stikpusher »

Just a little battle damage... she will sail and fight again! :ballbat:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Modelcrazy
Addicted Member

Post by Modelcrazy »

This is the epitome of ship building, constant issues, head scratching, improvising, adapting, and overcoming.
It's usually why I have a plane or something else on the bench to take my mind off it, you know, something easy :whistle:
Last edited by Modelcrazy on Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Building a kit from your stash is like cutting the head off a Hydra, two more take it’s place.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... obby+bench
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Oh man this is spot on!
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

Modelcrazy wrote:This is the epitome of ship building, constant issues, head scratching, improvising, adapting, and overcoming.
It's usually why I have a plane or something else on the bench to take my mind off it, you know, something easy :whistle:
I would have to do something like that myself if I were building something like a ship.

You're gonna sail right through these issues Lyle. Just don't give it a choice but to comply.
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Calling this one done. Now I remember why I do not like to do ships. This little "Turd in a Punchbowl" (what I'd name it) was not all that tough to build, but I never could get the railing around the gun tubs right, stuff like that. Oh well. Here it is, warts and all....Oh, I was cleaning up and found the missing console piece. :tongue:

I did think the hull colors came out to my liking, although probably not true to the war weary 109.

To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Modelcrazy
Addicted Member

Post by Modelcrazy »

I built that old kit when I was just a tike, it's a tough one and modelers over the ages have complained about and pleaded for a new, accurate and detailed kit.
You did a great job on that old gal Lyle and good on ya for giving a ship kit a go :shoutout: I think she turned out well and despite all the issues, I know you want to do another ship :whistle:
I'm thinking of starting a German ship build later in the year....you might just change your mind. :hmm:
Building a kit from your stash is like cutting the head off a Hydra, two more take it’s place.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... obby+bench
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Thanks for the kind words. I don't think I could ever tackle a destroyer or battleship - any of the big boys. my fine motor skills ain't anymore. So, I don't know. This kit had a lot of areas for improvement. Cabin windows, accurate console, deck fit to hull....I really don't like the painted over windows, but I was not in any way going to try and open them up.
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Well done, Lyle! :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout:
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Thanks!
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

I think you did a terrific job on a difficult kit! This looks great and I'm thrilled to see you finish one! Way to go Lyle! :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout:
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.

Return to “Ships of the American Flag”