The Love Bug Rides Again

LyleW
Admin

Re: The Love Bug Rides Again

Post by LyleW »

Stuart, Kari - Thank you so much! The kit was not horrible, but there were a lot of tight tolerances and I struggle with those. so, the hood and truck lids are glued shut. All in all, not a bad time building it.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Well worth the effort Lyle!
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Handiabled
Master Member

Post by Handiabled »

Awesome bug Lyle!
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Thank you, Brent. More than a few, “Well, duh...” moments (see headlights, fogged), but Tamiya has. Pretty good kit, I think,
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Take a bow, Lyle. Wonderful work!
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Wow that is fantastic Lyle! Very nicely done! You could always say Herbie got high on exhaust fumes to explain the fogged lenses. LOL! :giggles:

Also, congratulations are in order: you have a model in your collection that I've been trying for decades to get and build. Way to go! :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout:
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

speedgraflex wrote:Take a bow, Lyle. Wonderful work!
Aww, shucks. Now I’m blushing....Thanks!
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Duke Maddog wrote:Wow that is fantastic Lyle! Very nicely done! You could always say Herbie got high on exhaust fumes to explain the fogged lenses. LOL! :giggles:

Also, congratulations are in order: you have a model in your collection that I've been trying for decades to get and build. Way to go! :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout:
Hmmm, that could work. It is a pretty neat kit.
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Well done, Lyle! Glad to see you’re able to get it done! :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout:
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

You know what Lyle? That turned out pretty dang good. I know this one fought you and all but you've got that much more experience behind you with an auto build. For me this is where it all started. I did one and suddenly I had to do another one to top the first one. You know how it goes.

Congratulations on a job very well done. You know you're gonna have to take some studio shots now right? :whistle:

Return to “Hollywood Bandits and Rebels GB”