The Love Bug Rides Again

LyleW
Admin

Re: The Love Bug Rides Again

Post by LyleW »

mustang1989 wrote:You know what Lyle? That turned out pretty dang good. I know this one fought you and all but you've got that much more experience behind you with an auto build. For me this is where it all started. I did one and suddenly I had to do another one to top the first one. You know how it goes.

Congratulations on a job very well done. You know you're gonna have to take some studio shots now right? :whistle:
Joe, thank you. I do have an AMT 57 left......oh, those are the studio shots! :grin:
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

LOL!!! You did a great job in any case. You gonna do something with that 57? :whistle:
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

I'm sure I will . . . at some point. In my yute (youth) I built mostly cars. Even later, after my wife and I had Pintos before we were married, I did a his and hers ...I know, such mush.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

Pics dude! Pics!!! :grin:
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Fortunately, neither the models or any pictures survived.
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

here are a few more pictures. Warts and all....The tail lights were a mystery to me as to why they were done this way, then on other aspects of the kit, no part was too small to mold. The tail lights were one piece of clear, that you had to paint to match the body. I did get the clear colors inside, though. Front turn signals were chromed, and impossible to get any clear orange to be visible. Oh, even though you can't see it, I did paint the "rubber" on the wiper blades.

Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

:shoutout: I like it! Herbie may not be perfect, but he came out looking good enough. :lashed:

Well done Lyle!
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Stikpusher wrote::shoutout: I like it! Herbie may not be perfect, but he came out looking good enough. :lashed:

Well done Lyle!
Thank you, Carlos.
mostrich
Admin

Post by mostrich »

End good, all good! I like what you did with Herbie and I enjoy watching the pictures.
It's such a timeless design, isn't it?
When the sun of culture hangs low even dwarfs throw shadows.
KSaarni
Elite Member

Post by KSaarni »

Very good Lyle, decaling has succeeded very well.

Not really a straight forward process with that big decals.

:shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout:

- Kari
---
On the bench:
Tamiya F-4B Phantom II 1/48
Kinetic F-16A (new tool) 1/48

https://www.facebook.com/GrundAsk-Scale ... 721218708/

Return to “Hollywood Bandits and Rebels GB”