1/350 Dragon USS Spruance

Beginning August 1,2019 and ending who knows when....All things floaty sailing under the American flag.
Modelcrazy
Addicted Member

1/350 Dragon USS Spruance

Post by Modelcrazy »

I've decided to change my first ship from the North Carolina to the Spruance.
I have had this kit in my stash for 20 years and it's high time I got on it. It looks like a fairly quick, as far as 1/350 ships go, build. Even with the PE I got for it, it still should move along. I have been wanting to do a modern ship for a while but they are either British, Russian, or 1/700. I don't have any problem with 1/700, in fact the lion's share of my ship stash is 1/700, but I want to build a 1/350 modern because, reasons.
Here are the sprue shots along with the White Ensign Models PE, not my favorite but the only manufacturer who makes them.

Of course it will be in a seascape, which I will also post in the "Build Logs" section
Building a kit from your stash is like cutting the head off a Hydra, two more take it’s place.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... obby+bench
LyleW
Admin

Re: 1/350 Dragon USS Spruance

Post by LyleW »

Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

Right??!!! I'm always down for a good ship model build from you bud.
Modelcrazy
Addicted Member

Post by Modelcrazy »

Well thank you guys. The moderns build a lot faster than Battleships
Building a kit from your stash is like cutting the head off a Hydra, two more take it’s place.

Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

The “Spruecans” are good looking ships. You just might notice that the hull design is the same as used on the Kidd, Ticonderoga, and Burke classes. They designers got that part right.

I’ll be watching this one!
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Modelcrazy
Addicted Member

Post by Modelcrazy »

Thanks Stik. I was also eyeballing the Oliver Hazard Perry. Maybe I'll get that one some day in 1/350.

Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

You should. I have one in my stash and it looks to be a very nice kit.

And for PE, Gold Medal Models makes a generic modern USN 1/350 ship set that can be used on several types, due to what come in the set. Since White Ensign is out of business. I do know that Toms Modelworks picked up their line, but has not gotten around to all of it yet.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Modelcrazy
Addicted Member

Post by Modelcrazy »

I didn't know WE went out of business. That's too bad since they made PE for ship such as the Udaloy and Sovremenny classes. Hopefully GMM, Eduard or maybe one of the Chinese companies will pick those up as well as others. I do have the Sovremenny but need the Udaloy. I better get to buying sets of kits I want.

The Drifter

Post by The Drifter »

Great looking kit Steve, and all that PE...love it. I will be watching this one.
Jeff
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Modelcrazy wrote:I didn't know WE went out of business. That's too bad since they made PE for ship such as the Udaloy and Sovremenny classes. Hopefully GMM, Eduard or maybe one of the Chinese companies will pick those up as well as others. I do have the Sovremenny but need the Udaloy. I better get to buying sets of kits I want.
Gold Medal Models has the Russki ship sets in 1/350.

FLSM

Return to “Ships of the American Flag”