Modelcrazy's 1/72 Revell MiG-29UB

All things jet, no props and Stik...no armor even though the M1 is turbin powered.
Medicman71
Elite Member

Re: Modelcrazy's 1/72 Revell MiG-29UB

Post by Medicman71 »

They changed the cockpit color? Fantastic. :bored:
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
Modelcrazy
Addicted Member

Post by Modelcrazy »

speedgraflex wrote:Looks sharp! You certainly have a great feel for color aesthetics—great color choices.
It's a gift :lashed:

LOL, just joking with ya. Thank you Bruce.
Building a kit from your stash is like cutting the head off a Hydra, two more take it’s place.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... obby+bench
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

I just picked up a bottle of Testors Orange, but I think it looks pink. I can’t find my Model Masters Orange... so color mixing is on my brain. This is a very cool project.
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Stir, stir, stir...
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Modelcrazy
Addicted Member

Post by Modelcrazy »

Here's tonight's progress.
The gaps at the wings are large and weak so I applied some sprue goo to fill the gaps and hopefully strengthen the join. Tomorrow night I'll work some more on the gaps.
Building a kit from your stash is like cutting the head off a Hydra, two more take it’s place.

Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Looks good to me. I always love the lines of the MiG-29. OKB MiG came out with a very attractive design.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
pzl66
Master Member

Post by pzl66 »

I agree, the MiG 29 has a very cool sinister look about it. A very well thought design with FOD doors to be used on poor runways.

The build is coming along nicely!
Messerschmitt 109 Addict
Modelcrazy
Addicted Member

Post by Modelcrazy »

I filled the gaps, sand, repeat, applied my favorite primer, Tamiya NATO Black (or Vallejo black primer) and took a look at the results. Everything looks good except the intakes. It took several applications of filler but still needs a little more work. The intake fit was terrible and I knew I was going to have some problems. The wing joins turned out great and I would have bet they were going to be a issue but..... :hmm:
I added some more filler last night and I'll work some more on the intakes tonight, hopefully I'll get some paint on the underside, the gear, gear doors, weapons mounts and such tomorrow.
I forgot to add some nose weight but I can pour some lead shotgun pellets into the exhaust holes followed by a little CA. The instructions didn't call out for any but you know modern aircraft.

Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

The Fulcrum looks rather sinister in that overall dark primer.... :hmm:

FLSM
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Looks great, Steve. I feel you about the cycle of putty applications followed by sanding that is going on! That’s next for me.
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX

Return to “Jet GB by Portman”