Modelcrazy's 1/72 Revell MiG-29UB

All things jet, no props and Stik...no armor even though the M1 is turbin powered.
Modelcrazy
Addicted Member

Modelcrazy's 1/72 Revell MiG-29UB

Post by Modelcrazy »

I've decided to build the 1/72 Revell MiG-29UB (trainer version). I received this at Christmas for a Gift exchange. It was already opened, some of the pieces were off the sprue and the decals were missing. I actually received 2 kits, one was a relatively new Revell Eurofighter, which is half built on the bench :whistle: and the other was the MiG. Well since the Eurofighter is already half built and I need to get this one done, I'm going with this one.
I purchased a set of Polish markings decals from Techmod. I have no idea how good or bad these decals are so I guess we'll learn together. The plus side of these decals are they include all of the stencils applied to the aircraft, which are no doubt in Polish. Tough to read in 1/72.
Here are the sprue shots including the marking included in the decal set. Now hopefully I'll get a nice stretch of time where I can get er' done. As long as I quite picking up the Prince of Wales and get lost in the PE mire I can get something done on the bench.
Building a kit from your stash is like cutting the head off a Hydra, two more take it’s place.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... obby+bench
speedgraflex

Re: Modelcrazy's 1/72 Revell MiG-29UB

Post by speedgraflex »

Cool. Subscribed!
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

You are tha MAN for tackling a ship and a plane at the same time. Truly gifted.
Modelcrazy
Addicted Member

Post by Modelcrazy »

More of a glutton for punishment if you want to know the truth.
Building a kit from your stash is like cutting the head off a Hydra, two more take it’s place.

Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

:wub: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

...speaking of gluttons.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

I’m curious to hear how the Techmod decals work. I am interested in a few sets, but they have mixed reviews from what I’ve read. But then again, I have no idea of who is doing the reviewing. I do recall in my younger days I could say very bad things about Microscale decals. Let’s just say that my youthful impatience and skill set were not a good blend with them.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Well now I know who keeps taking my popcorn!!

Looking forward to your build Modelcrazy!
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
Modelcrazy
Addicted Member

Post by Modelcrazy »

Will do Stik, they look good and the placement and color instruction are excellent but I'll let you know when the rubber meats the road.

I got some time on the MiG last night. The interior detail isn't great, well non-existent really but that really doesn't bother me, the kit was free and it's gong on the shelf for me to admire the planes profile anyway.
I mixed my own cockpit color after I read the the Russians stopped using that gawd awful turquoise during the MiG-29 project. So after some searching I found they use a light grey with a hint of blue. I installed the wheel well sides, turbine blades and sealed 'er up.
Tonight I should be able to get the wings, tail and stabs on and start the filling.

speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Looks sharp! You certainly have a great feel for color aesthetics—great color choices. I also wanted to applaud your opening statement. There is a certain feeling that comes from building a kit that comes to you with missing pieces—decals, in this case—and you have the great gift of bringing models to life. Your projects are always a sincere pleasure to watch!
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX

Return to “Jet GB by Portman”