1967 Monogram 1/72 US Navy A-5A Vigilante.

All things jet, no props and Stik...no armor even though the M1 is turbin powered.
speedgraflex

Re: 1967 Monogram 1/72 US Navy A-5A Vigilante.

Post by speedgraflex »

Thank you both! My landlord made me sign a document saying I am not to use the apartment from September 9 to the 30th from 8 am to 6 pm Monday through Friday, so I am basically out of my apartment for 19 days so he can do a half ass repipe and raise the rent. This is going to wreck my schedule which is part time work during the day and second job at night. I am not even sure how I am going to handle this major inconvenience. It would be better if I was paid to relocate for a month, but the cheapskate won’t go for that.

I am going to pack things up, and move valuables out next week so I am effectively on a leave of absence from the hobby whilst I deal with this inconvenience.
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Floki
Elite Member

Post by Floki »

Wow that's messed up Bruce. At this point I would have found a new place to live. I know in California rent is stupid expensive and to be told you can't use the place you pay for is insane to me.
March as one, Don't look back
Odin's sons... Attack!
Unleash hell! Do not repent! Warfare grants us no lament
Let your weapons slash and tear This is no place for fear
Hold the lines! Move as one! In unity our victory's won
Our shields will form a mighty wall
United we shall never fall
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

It is messed up, but finding a new place located in this part of town for what I currently pay is a very difficult proposition. A year ago I started looking in earnest but was immediately hit with the truth of economics here. Los Angeles is a tough place to find low rent. What I need to do is find a way to a full time job, either here or elsewhere. I’m done with subsistence living.
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
KSaarni
Elite Member

Post by KSaarni »

Oh no, I am very sorry to hear of your issues with the appartment and the landlord.

Have never heard of such "forced deals", it is crazy and sounds like something that happens only in North Korea etc.

And this weird arrangement does not reflect in the monthly rent ?
That should drop at least with 40%, actually much more taken in consideration the inconvenience it causes to you.

- Kari
---
On the bench:
Tamiya F-4B Phantom II 1/48
Kinetic F-16A (new tool) 1/48

https://www.facebook.com/GrundAsk-Scale ... 721218708/
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

speedgraflex wrote:It is messed up, but finding a new place located in this part of town for what I currently pay is a very difficult proposition. A year ago I started looking in earnest but was immediately hit with the truth of economics here. Los Angeles is a tough place to find low rent. What I need to do is find a way to a full time job, either here or elsewhere. I’m done with subsistence living.
So sorry to hear this. Come east! KY is a great place and, for now, we can use plastic straws....it would seem you could work “remotely”.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

KSaarni wrote:Oh no, I am very sorry to hear of your issues with the appartment and the landlord.

Have never heard of such "forced deals", it is crazy and sounds like something that happens only in North Korea etc.

And this weird arrangement does not reflect in the monthly rent ?
That should drop at least with 40%, actually much more taken in consideration the inconvenience it causes to you.

- Kari
A free month would be in order, but this guy is a true “gentleman”.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Wait.... your landlord forced you to sign a document not to use your apartment from 8 am - 6 pm? Oh hell no I would have refused to sign anything without a lawyer. What business does he have to do with your apartment? You didn’t mention why he needs you need to vacate your apartment during those hours. Last I understand, you’re paying the rent, not him. In short, I’d tell him to f*** himself unless he has another available apartment for you to move into. Time for you to move out and find another apartment or move out of California.

Sorry for my rough response but I live in New York and I’d never let any landlord force me to sign anything outside your original rental contract.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Sorry to hear about the rental difficulties, Bruce. I am with Tom in not signing stuff. (My bosses have learned that over the years... LOL) Both parties has legal responsibilities and rights. Your current work schedule throws a monkey wrench into the situation, but not everyone has bankers hours. If you need a place to crash, you’re welcome to plop temporarily in my place in HB after Sept 14 when my son’s leave ends and he heads back to Uncle Sam in GA.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Thanks for all your responses. What the landlord did was serve notice that he was making a capital improvement and in so doing would require me to cooperate with his plans. I too think that forcing me out during daylight hours should make an adjustment to rent. We shall see. Right now I am hoping the forced changes will make me change something as well. I am superstitious enough not to want to jinx things but I know I am in a rut and now it’s time to pivot to face another direction; to “come about” in nautical terms. Thank you most especially for the invites to other locales. I sincerely appreciate all of you and wish you all well.
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

Dude that right there is some booooooooooooooooooolsheeyit! Sorry to hear about all of this for you bud. Hopefully you'll either find somewhere else or he'll leave you alone for the rest of the time in there.

Return to “Jet GB by Portman”