1/350 Trumpeter USS North Carolina

Beginning August 1,2019 and ending who knows when....All things floaty sailing under the American flag.
Modelcrazy
Addicted Member

1/350 Trumpeter USS North Carolina

Post by Modelcrazy »

My second ship of the GB.
This is a kit my wife bought for me a couple of years ago for Christmas and it's high time I got to it. She also bought a PE set for it as well. Actually she bought me four ships with their associated PE.
Over the pass two years I have added to the aftermarket including the Pontos wood deck, metal main and secondary gun. The #D drawings book and the Squadron North Carolina at sea series (not shown) so I think I'm ready.

First thing is to work on the smooth hull. Using the detailed blueprint type drawings from the Kegero 3D book and pictures found of the NC as she sits now, I'm adding hull plating using stretchered sprue and Evergreen styrene strips. I'll sand them down some before painting.

More to come.
Building a kit from your stash is like cutting the head off a Hydra, two more take it’s place.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... obby+bench
Stikpusher

Re: 1/350 Trumpeter USS North Carolina

Post by Stikpusher »

This will be another beauty! The US 16” fast battleships have such sleek lines.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Wow! That us going to be good.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Modelcrazy
Addicted Member

Post by Modelcrazy »

Thanks gentlemen
Building a kit from your stash is like cutting the head off a Hydra, two more take it’s place.

Floki
Elite Member

Post by Floki »

She is one beautiful ship, the wife and I had the opportunity to tour her this summer led by a great tour guide. I have the squadron book plus a very large book they sell at the ship going into detail on almost anything you would want to know about her. Next time I make it to North Carolina I want to go one a tour they only offer once a month and you see every possible inch of the ship. I have hundreds of photos I took most of the interior but I do have some close ups of the main and 5" guns. I'll be watching this closely I also want to build her one of these days. They call her the Cadillac of the Battleships at her museum since she is the only WWII era battleship not to be updated after the war.
March as one, Don't look back
Odin's sons... Attack!
Unleash hell! Do not repent! Warfare grants us no lament
Let your weapons slash and tear This is no place for fear
Hold the lines! Move as one! In unity our victory's won
Our shields will form a mighty wall
United we shall never fall
Modelcrazy
Addicted Member

Post by Modelcrazy »

Thanks for the reply Floki, it's good to know people are watching.
The only ships I have been able to visit are the Arizona, Missouri, Constitution and several Gato subs. I would love to see the Bama and NC since they are two different classes.
If I ever make to the British Iles, the Belfast, Victory, Cutty Sark and U-534 are on the list

mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

Dude you are one ship building machine!!! Will be watching this one.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Modelcrazy wrote:Thanks for the reply Floki, it's good to know people are watching.
The only ships I have been able to visit are the Arizona, Missouri, Constitution and several Gato subs. I would love to see the Bama and NC since they are two different classes.
If I ever make to the British Iles, the Belfast, Victory, Cutty Sark and U-534 are on the list
Ya know, U-505 is a bit closer to you... among other stateside destinations that have ships... :whistle:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Modelcrazy
Addicted Member

Post by Modelcrazy »

Chicago?, yes it is, but.....Chicago. :bag:

Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

:giggles:

:tease:

Scaredy-cat

FLSM

Return to “Ships of the American Flag”