LyleW's C-54

Primarily the Revell of Germany C-54 Skymaster in 1/72 scale. But, any c-54 is welcome. Come one, come all.

Date: February 1, 2020 through December 31, 2020. But, let's just have some fun and build this classic.
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Re: LyleW's C-54

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Yeah, it’s recommended to use enamel based gloss coat when using Alclad. No need to use Alclad gloss paint.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

i will have to get some.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Have you watched...

I could not find specifics of builds for this kit other than this one on YouTube. I did not listen to the audio, either but I did make sure he finished the kit which he did.
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Thanks, Bruce. I’ll watch it in a bit. Finishing up my gore-may oatmeal...bananas, blueberries, pecans, butter, cinnamon and brown sugar...
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Sounds nice Lyle - I could do with a bowl of that!
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

It was pretty good. I haven't put bananas in it in quite some time. Stop by when you are in the neighborhood!
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Likewise!
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Bruce, this video was 9 min of this guy showing the cockpit and smoking a cigar...Interesting style, though. put it all together and pant it interior green. I gues he will pick out details later.

I had asked Revell GmbH if they had any pictures of the nose gear assembly. Received them. I deeply appreciate the effort, but the quality makes them pretty much useless.

speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Man, I laughed when I read your comment! I hope you fast forwarded—there are I believe 5 videos, and he does get through to the end with a digression in video 4? of the merits of your Revell kit versus the Airfix one. A few thousand views of each cigar smoking segment too but quantity does not preclude quality in fact just the opposite. I was left wondering who if anyone has built the kit? Usually there are tons of build logs that accompany a release.
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

I just went through the rest of them. A very nice build at the end. Silvering on the decals, though. What none of these ever show is the actual building and tips thereto. I guess having a production crew to film while you work is cost prohibitive. Upper wings are giving me fits, too.

Return to “C-54 Skymaster”