Modelcrazy's bench production 2022

Show off your completed work! One or two pictures and a brief explanation. Let others have a quick look at your finished masterpieces!
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Re: Modelcrazy's bench production 2022

Post by Duke Maddog »

Stikpusher wrote::hmm: That’s a funny color for Evergreen styrene strips… :giggles:

I’m no carpenter, handyman, or construction guy, but it all looks good from here. :wink:

I am and it truly does look fantastic! Brilliant work! Looks like you're making great progress.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Modelcrazy
Addicted Member

Post by Modelcrazy »

Thanks guys.
After I remove more of the old sheetrock, run some new electrical, have the inspector look at it, I can get the rock back up and install the cabinets. Finally get a kitchen back. Converting a very small bedroom to a laundry room at the same time so the plumbing can be switched over as soon as that's done as well. Then it's onto the rest of the house.
Building a kit from your stash is like cutting the head off a Hydra, two more take it’s place.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... obby+bench
Modelcrazy
Addicted Member

Post by Modelcrazy »

An update to my every expanding house project. I am making the small 10x10 bedroom into a laundry room since the existing laundry is in the detached garage and I haven't been able to use it. I'm also installing a tankless WH in the same location and re-positioning the furnace to face the inside of the room instead of the hallway which it's currently orientated. With that all said, I noticed yet another area for rot. Under the furnace, which was probably the original 1950's tech, there was a leak which destroyed the wood floor, subfloor and joists. So I got out my tools and started cutting out the offending wood. I replaced the missing joists and installed new plywood subfloor. I'm currently installing plumbing for the water heater and laundry. I'm still waiting for cabinetry but haven't had an inspection on the new plumbing or electrical so the cabinets can't be installed yet anyway. Bottom line, the old is being replaced and new installed. I still need to remove the old sheetrock and install insulation and new electrical in the rest of the original house but the rot has been taken care of....I hope. Soon I should start building the wall for the new hobby/gaming room.

Building a kit from your stash is like cutting the head off a Hydra, two more take it’s place.

Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Wow what a mess. At least you can fix it yourself. Good luck on the rest of the work.
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

The joys of homeownership… :headslap: You’re fortunate to be the type who has the skills to do your own work on such headaches.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Wow :wow: That's some superb repair work John!
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Modelcrazy
Addicted Member

Post by Modelcrazy »

Thanks guys.
I got the water heater working last night :yipee: Super nice to have a hot shower after 3 weeks of cold ones. Tonight and this weekend I'm working on getting the Washer and Dryer installed and running. The room is still subfloor and studs but at least I'll do my wash there and not the laundromat. It's feeling more like a home.

BTW, I'm starting a new job at Raytheon next week.

Steve

SteveSki
Advanced Member

Post by SteveSki »

Wow, Steve, talk about an incredible thread. Perusing through those awesome builds, that was fun. Now you're doing that old fun 1:1 scale work, what a hoot. After all you've been through it looks like you're making it happen and forging onward. Great job on the remod, btw.

This remod looks like a job for the Maine Cabin Masters, lol. There isn't a cabin I've seen yet where they haven't gutted, jacked, and literally redone the entire inside. Being an old nail pounder, I can appreciate everything you've got going on in those pics. It's funny looking at those studs suspended from above without bottom plate, but that looks like the only logical way to work that area, I do understand why you are doing that, makes perfect sense. Ya gotta do what ya gotta do, you're a one-man band working this, kudos to yuz!

Remods are always a hoot, and usually about half way though I would stop and ask myself, "Now what the heck did I start this project for?" Mid-job crisis, no mid-life crisis, HA!

Looks like your model bunker will be up and running quickly, good deal. Ruck On, bby!

Congrats on the Job, too, btw, awesome!
Give Blood, Play Rugby, cause everyone knows football is for wimps!

Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Steve, move to Arizona near me and you won’t need a water heater for at least half the year. The water comes out of the pipes warm from early April thru early November, give or take a few weeks. The ground heats it in the pipe system before it gets to your home. :wink:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Good luck with the new job Steve!
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/

Return to “Member's Gallery”