AMT Kit S921-200 built by speedgraflex

Here is the place to show off the progress of your sci-fi builds.
Stikpusher

Re: AMT Kit S921-200

Post by Stikpusher »

mostrich wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 1:08 pm C'mon Spock, show some empathy!
Empathy is not logical.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Ceaser_Sa1ad
Master Member

Re: AMT Kit S921-200

Post by Ceaser_Sa1ad »

I look forward to seeing this finished! This kit is a pain in a lot of ways but has some fun history attached to it.
Nice work so far
"In this galaxy there's a mathematical probability of three million Earth type planets. And in all of the universe, three million million galaxies like this. And in all of that... and perhaps more... only one of each of us." - McCoy
speedgraflex

Re: AMT Kit S921-200 built by speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Test post. I wanted to see how the site was performing. It’s still a bit slow and glitchy.

I read a thread that the forum was running extremely slow and it still seems to be. Also, what is happening with the error message about a resource limit?

Now I’m trying an edit. The image above is the missing 33” Enterprise model built by Datin and hidden in storage for a few decades.
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Wow, I thought that was your work Bruce! Looks great, it's coming through. Your edit worked too. Yeah, that resource limit message is a pain but just reload the tab/page and it pops right up. Your work on the forward sensor is magnificent and looks as close to perfect as you can get! Keep it coming Bruce!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Thanks, Duke!

Another 33” E reference:

I ordered IJN 35 Grey by Mr. Color for most of the project and RLM 76 for the leading edge of the dorsal,
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

neat-o pictures. Looks like you got in okay.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Since paint will be here next week, I assembled the nacelles then I spent hours sanding the seams as one tends to do with these kits. A lovely form of meditation, really. I stopped at 2,000 fine then polished the seams with cloth. I built this kit four times now so I know that the end seams will usually pop. Therefore, I used a hot plastic center first to melt the edges a bit, then once that hot stuff cured I followed up with gel CA in a sectional approach.

Next up; nacelle reference from the 33” Enterprise model. If that’s the color of the first model it’s very blue, maybe too blue. I’m going with more of the concrete grey overall with one blue accent.

So blue.

Aftermarket Decals by J.T. Graphics

Adding an image here of the only aftermarket I’m permitting myself. Since this is my own project I want to keep things as pure as possible and not overdo things and get caught in the details and basically never, ever get things done. As it is I’m taking the slow boat approach. That’s how things work best for me. A nice leisurely stroll through the project with every seam getting the attention it deserves. No shortcuts, no filler other then gap CA. It’s a clean build. I’ve ordered from Federation Models for years now. He’s the unofficial source for replacement parts on these old AMT kits. He also runs one of the great one stop stores on the web. The truly unfortunate news is that man running FM now has cancer and has shut down his site. So definitely say a prayer or rub Buddha’s belly or turn around sixteen times counterclockwise while closing your eyes because cancer sucks and there ain’t no easy way out. Prayers for all who are suffering.

What else remains to be seen, as I’d love to start de-ribbing the top of the saucer next.
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Bruce, that is some lovely work. No seams visible at all! Good to see this back on the table.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Bruce! Good to see that you made it back onto here! And excellent to see your Enterprise progress report. :shoutout: Keep ‘em coming!
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Nice work Bruce!
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault

Return to “Work In Progress: Sci-Fi”