Revell 1/72nd S-100 Schnellboot

Here is the place to show off the progress of your ship builds.
Floki
Elite Member

Re: Revell 1/72nd S-100 Schnellboot

Post by Floki »

It's all looking good, them mines are very detailed.
March as one, Don't look back
Odin's sons... Attack!
Unleash hell! Do not repent! Warfare grants us no lament
Let your weapons slash and tear This is no place for fear
Hold the lines! Move as one! In unity our victory's won
Our shields will form a mighty wall
United we shall never fall
Bish
Master Member

Post by Bish »

Thanks guys. The deck is almost fitted out now, looks a lot less sparse.
'I am a Norfolk man and i glory in being so'
On the bench: Revell 1/72nd Type VIIc U-Boat
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

It’s looking great Bish! Are you going to add any stain to the bare wood planking areas? Or just leave them as you have them now?
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Bish
Master Member

Post by Bish »

Thanks Carlos. I have given them a light oil wash as i felt they were to clean. I was a bit wary but i tried it out on some of the off cut wood and it didn't cause any problems. Loks a lot better. Just going to start adding the final bits and should have this done tonight.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Sounds good Bish. I’m looking forward to seeing the beauty all done!
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Bish
Master Member

Post by Bish »

Got the S-Boat wrapped up last weekend and got the pics sorted today. At just over 3 months this is one of the longest builds i have done and was worth every minute. To finish it off i got the rest of the deck pieces fitted as well as the completed torpedo's and mines. The latter were a bit awkward as the trolleys were to wide for the raisl. I had to trim those down quite a bit but as the mines are on top of them you can't see the trolleys anyway.

I also added a rubber dinghy. This is not included in this kit but does come with the Flak 38 version. But the pics of this boat clearly show one. Fortunalty i have a set of Revell German assault engineer figures which come with a similar boat. So i dressed that up with some PE and fitted that.

I felt that the wood decks looked to clean. So after testing on some of the off cut wood, i used a light oil wash of raw umber and yellow orche mixed. Rather pleased with that. I added dodgers (i thinks thats the right term) with tissue soaked with white glue, and tied on with rigging thread. The final additions were the radio aerial cables, a fabric ensign from AMP and a ships bell. At 4mm its the smallest i could find, i think it rounds it off nicely.

I know there are some accuracy issues when compared to the real S-205. The torpedo rails were a simply wooded type, ammo lockers for the centre gun were bigger and some other differances but i can live with those. I do wish i had drilled out the underwater openings but it was to late by the time i realised. For my first 72nd boat, i am really chuffed with this. Now i am keen to start a 72nd U-Boat which i will be getting to later this year or early next. But for now i am looking forward to some aircraft and some heavy armour.

Now for the pics.

Thanks all for following alng.
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Wow... that looks really nice! Glad to see it finished. :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout:
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Floki
Elite Member

Post by Floki »

Outstanding work Bish! All the PE and aftermarket really bring this kit to life.
March as one, Don't look back
Odin's sons... Attack!
Unleash hell! Do not repent! Warfare grants us no lament
Let your weapons slash and tear This is no place for fear
Hold the lines! Move as one! In unity our victory's won
Our shields will form a mighty wall
United we shall never fall
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Top notch finish Bish! :shoutout: The raft tie down and mooring lines, the canvas railing covers, the brass bell and wood decking... all look perfect! What a splendid looking build!
:bow: :bow: :bow:

FLSM
Bish
Master Member

Post by Bish »

Cheers guys. All the rope is ship rigging thread, i have several sizes.Its very lightly coloured so like the wood that gets a light oil wash. Come sin very handy in many scales, even use it for rope on 35th armour builds.

Return to “Work In Progress: Ships”