The Duke's Armor Finished in March

Here is the place to show of your finished armor products.
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

The Duke's Armor Finished in March

Post by Duke Maddog »

Hello everyone!

After a couple weeks of busy work in the Hobby Room, I was finally able to get all these vehicle models finished. Here they are in no particular order...

First is the US Army receiving the Trumpeter 1/72 scale M-1117 Guardian armored car:

Just for fun, here's a shot of the Guardian next to the vehicle it was built to replace:

Next are all my latest Japanese Ground Self Defense Forces vehicles that my Japanese Army is taking delivery of.

First is the three Half Ton Trucks that came in one Fujimi box with instructions on how to make three different versions. Here are the three versions:

Half- Ton Truck Cargo (all back seats folded to hold cargo):

Half-Ton Truck Liaison (rearmost seats folded, back seats down for VIPs):

Half-Ton Truck Light Scout/Communications (All seats down for crew; radios mounted in back, covered to protect radios):

Next are a couple Light Armored Vehicles that I've always wanted since I saw the 1/35th scale ones. Now I have two of them in 1/72 scale in one Fujimi box:

First is the battlefield liaison LAV:

Next is the Forward Scout/Communications LAV:

Another Fujimi model with two vehicles in the box. This is the Type 87 Self Propelled Anti-aircraft gun system. I was able to make an early type and a late type. they are mostly differentiated by the style of smoke dischargers on the turret.

Type 87 Early:

Type 87 Late:

I know the guns look misaligned in some of those pics. I double and triple checked them, it's an optical illusion caused by the angle of some of the camera shots.

Finally, my last finished models so far. Also from Fujimi, and also two kits per box. These are the Type 99 155mm Self Propelled Guns. I made one an operational vehicle and the other a training vehicle for training new crews. Otherwise there was no other real differentiation between them aside from some details on the turret roof.

First the Type 99 Operational gun:

And finally the Type 99 155mm training gun, which is fully capable of combat:

And that completes the list of models I finished now. With all the self quarantining I'll be doing, I foresee another large number of finished models next month too. Meanwhile, thanks for looking in, comments are always welcome.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Floki
Elite Member

Re: The Duke's Armor Finished in March

Post by Floki »

Some really cool looking stuff Duke! That 155mm barrel is huge even in this scale.
March as one, Don't look back
Odin's sons... Attack!
Unleash hell! Do not repent! Warfare grants us no lament
Let your weapons slash and tear This is no place for fear
Hold the lines! Move as one! In unity our victory's won
Our shields will form a mighty wall
United we shall never fall
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Nice finishes Mark! I really do like all the JGSDF stuff :shoutout:

:hmm: but the Guardian in pretty cool too...
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Very nice work as always Duke!
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Thanks Floki! Yeah, I was surprised at how long those 55mm barrels are!

Thanks Carlos! I also love the Japanese vehicles; I can't wait to get more of them done. It also felt good to have the original V-100 and the later vehicle built to replace it!

Thanks Medic! I appreciate it very much!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

In honor of your armor masterpieces!
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

Man these look great Mark. It's been a while since I've been over to check out your armor builds and I regret it every time because you turn out some very good work. These are no exception to my beliefs! Wow!! You sir, are a master when it comes to these teeny builds of yours. Totally friggin' awesome! :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout:

Bruce: That photo looks great!!!!
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Mark, you are one of the most amazing builders that I've come across. Wow.

Do you have enough kits to get through this self-quarantine episode?
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Hey Mark... March isn’t over yet... :whistle:

I think that this thread is ten or so days too early... :stirpot:

:giggles:

"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Wow! You guys rock! These are the best replies I've seen yet across three boards!

Bruce, thank you ever so much! That does look fantastic, although personally, I would have chosen a different vehicle. Believe me when I say, I'm thrilled with that pic! You are da MAN!!! :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout:

Thank you Joe! You honor me a lot more than I deserve. I feel like the only thing I master with these is the quantity of my completions. I've seen guys on Missing Lynx Braille Scale Forums do stuff to these small scale vehicles that makes mine look like toys. I thank you ever so much for your compliments.

Thanks Lyle! I am honored by your words as well. Yes, I am well-stocked with glue, paint and kits to hold me over for quite some time, even with my output.

Carlos, thanks! I like that pic, and I am always happy in my work! You are right, March isn't over yet, so I might even get a few more models finished before it ends; mostly helicopters and aircraft though. We'll see.

Stay tuned all, and thanks again for such amazing replies and compliments!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

Return to “Completed Builds: Armor”