Matchbox 1/72 Victor - 'I'm with you Lyle!'

All things jet, no props and Stik...no armor even though the M1 is turbin powered.
Stuart
Elite Member

Matchbox 1/72 Victor - 'I'm with you Lyle!'

Post by Stuart »

Having seen Lyles pain building the old Matchbox (or Revell in his case) H.P. Victor, I had to get one too in order to share in the fun...

:whiteflag:

I'll post some photos up later...

Cheers!
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
LyleW
Admin

Re: Matchbox 1/72 Victor - 'I'm with you Lyle!'

Post by LyleW »

Thanks, pal! I would have sent you mine, though. Now that the Goose is done, I may do a bit on this before getting back to the C-54.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Nah - you love it Lyle - admit it!

Well here's the kit I have..

...and here it is in it's multi-coloured glory!

I've never built a large MB kit before, so sufficed to say this hit the bench as soon as I got it through the post. I've SB'd a basic cockpit (I've actually sat in one of these things). There're no decals so I'll have to paint in some IP details, nothing major - bugger all will be seen through the windows anyway!

This should make a nice companion build for the Buccaneer(s)

Cheers!

Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

:popcorn:
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Haven't made much progress on this this week - been too busy working from home and trying to do some school work with my Autistic son... not easy. However it looks like my company is going to shut down over the next day or so and I'll be on :quotes: Furlough :quotes: for the duration - 80% pay... Not brilliant when you're a single income family (I notice the government hasn't stopped the bills!) but better than being unemployed.

SO I may have some more time on my hands....

Anyway - I finished the control yokes...

Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

80% pay is better than 0% pay... :hmm: :sad:

Nice progress on the Victor! That looks like it had a busy flight deck area with all of those seats.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Yes I should be thankful that when it happens, I'll at least still have an income (hopefully) and hopefully a job to come back to. I do feel for those that have lost their jobs because of all this.

The cockpit was pretty busy indeed, and pretty cramped! You have to feel for the three crew in the back, no ejection seats and the exit door is in front of the intakes!!!

LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

I feel pretty certain yours will far outshine my attempts. Watch when you assemble the main wing halves...I partially glued the slot for the outer panels closed. The three piece tail needs work, too. Oh, almost all wheels have flash. If you want to mask the hubs, they are about 1/4 of an inch... 0.23 inches or 5.842 mm.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

portman wrote: The cockpit was pretty busy indeed, and pretty cramped! You have to feel for the three crew in the back, no ejection seats and the exit door is in front of the intakes!!!
Wow, I was just reading about that after I read this. Victory or death. And from what I read, apparently it was a cost a force availability aspect that was used as an excuse for not correcting the situation. Martin Baker developed a viable system for the remaining crew members (at least on the Vulcan), but it was never funded and fielded. I’ll wager that one could have been developed for the Victor as well. Damn those politicians.

FLSM

Return to “Jet GB by Portman”