How to get out of a funk.

Talk about anything modeling: kits, tools, paint, etc...
wedfactory
Advanced Member

Re: How to get out of a funk.

Post by wedfactory »

Don't worry about the funk. It will sort things out in its own time. I was in a build funk for about a year after some legal BS with my stepdaughter and her ex. Just started coming out of it about 2 to 3 months back. But some of the guys here are right, get a simple 72 scale build to toss together. The act of building will definitely make you feel better.
BorgR3mc0
Elite Member

Post by BorgR3mc0 »

It happens to the best of us. I had the same thing for a while. With me this was because I tried to make "perfect" contest models....I became way to critical and nothing left the bench. And thus my motivation slumped.

Try to find enjoyment in the proces of building, not the final result, that was the solution for me. And as said by other, build something simple to get everything goign again. Try a Hobbyboss easy kit, they are great! Very little putty/sand/repeat, just glue and paint! Just grab a MiG or a Sabre that only requires one color and build a kit in a week!
ImageImageImageImageImage
nathant
Advanced Member

Post by nathant »

Watch a bunch of cool airplane videos on you tube, and stay away from Classic Airframes kits...that is my recipe.
scorpiomikey
Addicted Member

Post by scorpiomikey »

Thanks for all the support guys.
I picked up the academy 144th B-47. Fantastic kit. Went together in a couple hours.
Painting today didnt go too well, the silver seemed to spray quite rough, not sure if its my airbrush, or the paint (i was near the bottom of the pot) or i had my pressure wrong for the day (the weather had just started spitting as i started spraying)
Whatever the case ill let the paint dry, give it a light sand and do another coat when the weathers a bit more agreeable.
You can learn all the math in the 'Verse, but you take a boat in the air that you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.
BorgR3mc0
Elite Member

Post by BorgR3mc0 »

scorpiomikey wrote:Thanks for all the support guys.
I picked up the academy 144th B-47. Fantastic kit. Went together in a couple hours.
Painting today didnt go too well, the silver seemed to spray quite rough, not sure if its my airbrush, or the paint (i was near the bottom of the pot) or i had my pressure wrong for the day (the weather had just started spitting as i started spraying)
Whatever the case ill let the paint dry, give it a light sand and do another coat when the weathers a bit more agreeable.
Pics or it did not happen!
ImageImageImageImageImage
Thomas_M
Admin

Post by Thomas_M »

BorgR3mc0 wrote:It happens to the best of us. I had the same thing for a while. With me this was because I tried to make "perfect" contest models....I became way to critical and nothing left the bench. And thus my motivation slumped. ...
Been there, too! :roll:
scorpiomikey
Addicted Member

Post by scorpiomikey »

No more photos just yet, im trying to work out if thats part of the issue.
You can learn all the math in the 'Verse, but you take a boat in the air that you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

Return to “Modeling Discussion”