1/48 Tamiya Zero A6M5c

Any subject, any scale, as long as it's a Tamiya kit.
LyleW
Admin

1/48 Tamiya Zero A6M5c

Post by LyleW »

I think this will be my entry. Look out JKim! :giggles: :ggun: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Looks to be a fairly simple kit. Two sets of instructions. One in Japanese and one in English...not sure which one I'll use.

Sprues

And, decals

I've ordered Eduard paint masks and the paint colors I did not have. I think I just spent more than I paid for the kit. Sheesh.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Stikpusher

Re: 1/48 Tamiya Zero A6M5c

Post by Stikpusher »

That is now an oldie but goody Lyle! And yes, I’m sure that you’ll give John a run for his money in the cockpit work... :wink:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

You are a funny man. I will give it a shot. May even try some weathering. I don't think I've ever seen a pristine Japanese fighter.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Oh they all started off nice when built. And some were maintained nice enough. Especially early in the war:

"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Excellent choice Lyle! This is gonna be fun to follow.

Use the Japanese instructions: the translation can be quite hilarious! :giggles:
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

I like that idea!
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Very cool. Can't wait to see you tackle this one.
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Good choice Lyle - looking forward to this one!
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

ああ、私はなんて愚か者なんだろう。車、マスタング、そして今これ.

ダービーの日にチャーチルダウンズのアナウンサーを引用するには..そして、彼らはオフです!

スチュアートは私にエアフィックスP-51Dを使わせないので、私は最後の神経に乗っているので、私は先に行ってこれを始めました。 そして、私はデュプリカラーの新鮮な缶が一時的に来るのを待っています。

三菱ゼロにとって、メタリックアタキブルーは私が見つけたフォーラムでかなりうんちでした。彼らは何らかのインテリアグリーンを使用しているようでした。グレー/グリーン、水玉。それはすべての上の一種でした。いくつかの人々は、タミヤXF-71インテリアグリーンについて言及しました.私はそれのいくつかを持っていたので、それが何であるかです。
or to put it another way,

To quote the announcer for Churchill Downs on Derby Day...."And they're off!"

Since Stuart won't let me use the Airfix P-51D, which by the way is getting on my last nerve, I went ahead and started this one. And, I'm waiting for a fresh can of Duplicolor to come up to temp.

For the Mitsubishi Zero, the Metallic Ataki Blue was pretty much poo-poo'ed on a forum I found. They seemed to use an interior green of some sort. Gray/green, polka-dot....it was kind of all over. Several folks mentioned the Tamiya XF-71 Interior Green....I had some of that, so that is what it will be.

Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Yes, current research is of the opinion that the cockpits were in the green color, like you did here. But the wheel wells and other interior areas where glare reflection for the pilot would not be a factor would have the aotake clear preservative.

FLSM

Return to “The 'shake it & bake it' - Tamiya 2021”