Organizing my stash

Show us where you work and what kits you have.
-Latest Acquisitions
LyleW
Admin

Organizing my stash

Post by LyleW »

Stashes....can’t live with ‘em, can’t live without ‘em. I guess. Are you warehouses, err, stashes organized in any particular way?

Asking because I will be going through mine to re-inventory, add new kits in my DB (homegrown in Access). I want to rearrange things as well. Right now I have two five shelf and one three shelf stuffed full and a number of kits stacked on the floor, with 4-6 more coming...it is about 200-ish.

I have the hig kits on the top shelves and the others stacked either flat or on the side.

What do you do?
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
jeaton01
Elite Member

Re: Organizing my stash

Post by jeaton01 »

Boxes in the attic full of kits, labeled. Shelves in the basement and a workroom. All kept track of in an Access database.

My modelling website, with build logs.

http://goldeneramodel.com/mymodels/mymodels.html
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Mine are all catalogued on Scalemates. As far as how I organize them on the shelves, it’s usually by era, nationality, and air arm.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Mine are stored in large tubs. Others in boxes....
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Floki
Elite Member

Post by Floki »

Most are on shelves on the east side of my hobby room. They are arranged aircraft, armor, figures. I have some 4foot long shelf's on the south side of the room above the spray booth the first shelf holds the millennium falcon along with some other star wars builds, the top shelf holds the big kits. The k5 railroad gun, BR52 and PBY are up there. Under my main work bench I keep all my ships including the revell 1/72 U-boat. All together it's a bit over 200, mostly figures
March as one, Don't look back
Odin's sons... Attack!
Unleash hell! Do not repent! Warfare grants us no lament
Let your weapons slash and tear This is no place for fear
Hold the lines! Move as one! In unity our victory's won
Our shields will form a mighty wall
United we shall never fall
keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

I have a couple cabinets in the garage. One for aircraft (mostly) and one for cars. I’ve been slowly adding kits to scale mates but not a priority. I go out and peruse them pretty regularly. Usually I have looked through a kit and instructions 3 or 4 times before I build, sometimes more. I consider it part of the hobby.
Thanks,
John

Ain't no reason to hang my head, I could wake up in the mornin' dead.
tempestjohnny
Elite Member

Post by tempestjohnny »

I've got mine on Scalemates. on the shelves I need to reorganize its a mess. But my stash is in 2 places either on the shelf in the closet or under my display cabinet
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

John, my Access dB is almost identical to yours...great minds, huh? I decided last night to add a few more fields, like the civil/military. I like a couple of others I see here!

Stik, keavdog, Floki, TJ, Blacksheep...thanks for the info. I have shelves A, B, etc and then broken down by shelf number (1, 2, 3, etc)....other than that they are where they fit. Top shelves are for the big guys, which seem to be growing in number lately. It is time to sort the a bit by era, country I think.

Keavdog, I guess I think of them being on display as something like a library. There are times I will kick back and just study the shelves. Some items brind memories, some bring fear! And I will pull one and look through it, as you do.

Not much of a fan of using stalemates. I have become less and less in favor of putting things online...remember losing everything when the pro board forum was deleted? I can back up the access, send it to excel, and so on, and I have ownership.

Looks like a lot of work ahead.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Hey!!! I found the AMT Gremlin! Life is good.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

:shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout:

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

:yipee:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM

Return to “Your Work Bench and Stash”