SH 1/32 Tempest MK V

I believe all things Hawker, prop or jet....This GB is kindly being moderated by Mr. John Eaton (jeaton01)
Paul
Addicted Member

SH 1/32 Tempest MK V

Post by Paul »

I have built this kit before and I think I figured out how to sort of navigate myself around the issues that the kit poses. The last time I used the Barracuda cowl and prop set and it came out OK.

This time I am going with a mostly OOTB build Using a resin seat and 3d printed seat decals.
One of the most annoying issues is the kit cowling fit so I decided to add the cowling halves first to the fuse halves and see if I can find a fix. This is what I found.

The lap joint the is the assembly was not flush mounting. I then filed and cut away the offending area of the entire joint and was able to pull it down more closely to where it should be.

After I had the all curedI went to the next step and started assembling the pit and the inside walls. I sprayed a coat of aqua gloss and did some washes.

Ill do some more to the pit and get it finished in the next few days. I am taking this slow.

By the way, Ill drop a couple of pics to show what my previous model looked like.

Thanks for looking.
Stikpusher

Re: SH 1/32 Tempest MK V

Post by Stikpusher »

Very nice work in the cockpit so far! And the problem solving with the fit of the cowling looks like it will improve things quite a bit in that area.
The last Tempest came out gorgeous, so obviously this project has to end up looking at least that good.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Paul
Addicted Member

Post by Paul »

I sure hope that you are correct, Carlos.
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

Carlos is right about that last Tempest. That thing is drop dead gorgeous Paul. :shoutout: :shoutout:
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

That Tempest is a bad girl indeed, Paul. I often wondered if they scream in a dive along with the Typhoon as the Stuka does. I mean those wide mouths must give out some sort of roar in a dive.
I really need to get me a Tempest kit in my stash. :bag:
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Floki
Elite Member

Post by Floki »

looking good! I'm interested in knowing more about these 3d printed belts.
March as one, Don't look back
Odin's sons... Attack!
Unleash hell! Do not repent! Warfare grants us no lament
Let your weapons slash and tear This is no place for fear
Hold the lines! Move as one! In unity our victory's won
Our shields will form a mighty wall
United we shall never fall
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

BlackSheep214 wrote:That Tempest is a bad girl indeed, Paul. I often wondered if they scream in a dive along with the Typhoon as the Stuka does. I mean those wide mouths must give out some sort of roar in a dive.
I really need to get me a Tempest kit in my stash. :bag:
It’s gonna make some sort of noise due to the oil cooler. The Stuka made its distinct noise due to having sirens installed on the wheel spats as a psychological warfare measure. Later models of the Stuka no longe had the sirens, and sounded more typical.

"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Paul
Addicted Member

Post by Paul »

I chose to really take my time with the pit before I cemented it into the fuse half. I only have two pics so far but I plan on getting the whole fuse sewn up today sometime which will be sometime after I do the snow removal and since we are expecting 8 to 12 inches more that might be going on for a couple of days. To me the cockpit assembly is pretty fiddly so I just let parts cure before I continued on to the finish. I was going to use the 3d seat belt decals but I chose the Eduard pe set over them because the Eduard set looks more scale to me where the decals looked more for a 48 scale subject instead of the 32 that they are.
jeaton01
Elite Member

Post by jeaton01 »

Nice work, Paul.
My modelling website, with build logs.

http://goldeneramodel.com/mymodels/mymodels.html

Return to “The Storms of the Hawkerlypse”